CHAPTER SIXTEEN I DON'T CARE

Comincia dall'inizio

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good" I said, using a phrase Harry and Ron told me to use the Marauder's Map but I used it for something else. I kissed Bryony, a real kiss. She doubted but kissed me back. Both my hands were holding her head. Her hands weren't hanging now, her left hand was on my neck and her right hand placed on my chest.

"Mischief managed" I said after I broke our lips apart.

She looked a little shocked but she hugged me I doubted a second but I put my arms around her waist.

"What do we have here?" a voice said. When we turned to see who the owner of the voice was, we saw a platinum blonde man with pale blue eyes.

"Who are you?" I asked him putting myself in front of Bryony and she took my arm in a grip.

"Oh, how rude, sorry. I am Lucius Malfoy, who are you?" he told us.

"I am Jake. What do you want here?" I asked taking my shield from my back.

"You look like a Slytherin, girl. What's your name?" he asked pointing at Bryony, ignoring my question.

"I- I don't have to answer your question, Malfoy" she said after she muttered 'Thánato' under her breath, now she had her dark sword in her hand.

"C'mon, princess. You know something; you look like a friend's ex-girlfriend. What was her name again? Rosetta Flowers? Rosie Flowers? Oh I just remembered, it was Rose Flowers" after he said that, Bryony paled.

"I don't know what you're talking about" she said.

"I don't believe you, by the way you paled, you know that name" the man raised his wand and pointed it at Bryony, I moved aside to cover her completely, "I won't hesitate to kill you to get what I want boy" the man said.

The man was about to open his mouth to say a spell but shadows started to come. It felt cold around us.

"But what-" the man said. Bryony stepped in front of me and pointed her sword to Malfoy; shadows covered him and he disappeared in the shadows.

"Where did you send him, Brie?"

"I think I sent him to Newcastle" she told me.

***

After the incident during dinner, we all went to see Reyna. She was on the Argo II. So we all went that way. We were walking in Hogwarts’ fields. Percy and Annabeth were walking hand by hand, well, now I know what Nico feels when he see Brie and me together. Hazel was playing with a puppy, which I presume was Frank. Jason had Piper in his back and he was flying. Leo was just making something with a piece of metal. Bryony and Nico were walking side by side; Nico had his arm where I put mine hours ago.

Without a warning, a skull with a spider tongue appeared in the sky. We all looked at it; maybe some student casted it. Then, the guy named Harry came running, he seemed quite scared.

“Go to the castle!” he said, but we stayed put, “now!” he shouted.

“Reyna!” Piper exclaimed and she ran towards the ship.  

“Piper, wait!” Jason said but Harry was pulling him to the castle.

Hazel ran after Piper, and like a good sister, Bryony followed her.

“Bryony, Hazel! Don’t go!” Nico tried to go after his sisters but I stopped him.

“I’ll go for them” I told him.

“Cervantes keep them safe” the Dead Guy told me. I nodded and went after the daughters of Hades.

I ran towards the Argo and I found Brie and Hazel fighting Kampë. Both of them couldn’t get near to kill her. We tried to kill her the three of us but we couldn’t. Then Kampë slashed and disarmed both sisters and they just went backwards, they were scared, fortunately, Kampë turned her attention to them so I grabbed Hazel’s sword and stabbed the monster in her back.

“Where’s Reyna?” I asked them, they pointed at the lower deck.

I went to her room.

“Reyna open up!” I knocked.

“Jake? Is that you?” she asked, “Is Kampë death?”

“Yeah, c’mon. We need to go now to the castle!”

“Okay! Okay!”

She came out of her room and the four of us ran to the castle, where it seemed to be trouble. Hazel and Bryony were a little injured; they had cuts all over their bodies. I took Brie’s hand and kept running. We were on the entrance and before we entered, I squeezed her hand and gave her a quick peck on the lips. Gods, I don’t know what would I do if I’d lose her.