Chapter Twenty One: No More

Three swordsmen. Two wizards. One archer.

“Come out and we'll end your lives quickly,” The leader commanded. He was a horse knight with a wide smirk and obnoxious swagger. He clearly thought himself special, or else he would not have said such an insignificant assemblage of words.

The three knights stood in front of Kabu's bonfire, Meta Knight behind the other two. The attackers had been foolish enough to completely reveal themselves before continuing their barrage. Meta Knight noted their armor. Horse Knight had the gold and silver armor of Sir Kibble's personal guards. Four of the other guards had green and gold armor while one had purple and gold. If this group was representative of the rebellion as a whole, most of them were day guards.

“Why are you here,” Meta Knight asked.

“To kill you, of course,” Horse Knight said with a smug chuckle. He held his head high and swayed, unsheathing his oversized sword.

“Theres no point. You won't,” Meta Knight said simply.

The horse spluttered at this, looking to his group of followers. For a man with such a big ego, he clearly wasn't expecting any opposition, “Yes I will,” He said defensively.

“With your mixed pack?” Meta Knight asked with a raised brow.

“You don't look ready to fight a preschooler,” Blade Knight said, receiving a snicker from Sword Knight.

“I chose the top five soldiers who would combine to have the perfect set of abilities to take you down,” Horse Knight said.

“I am a centuries old warrior and you've known me for less than a month. What abilities would you know to defeat me?” Meta Knight asked.

“Sir Kibble said-” Horse Knight began.

“Oh, that turned out well for him,” Meta Knight interrupted him.

Meta Knight pushed by Sword and Blade Knight, approaching the attackers. The two didnt stop him, but followed behind at a short distance. The five guards behind the horse shuffled uncomfortably, holding their weapons tightly but unsure of what to do. The archer even had their bow drawn, dangerously pointing it towards their allies. Meta Knight, a little unsteady, approached Horse Knight who looked down on him with indignant rage. Meta Knight stopped short a few feet in front of the lead guard.

“You don't even hold your sword right,” Meta Knight commented absently

“Huh?” The horse guard looked at his sword arm, trying to see where he was going wrong.

“Like this,” Meta Knight said. He held Galaxia in front of him with both hands. The horse imitated him. “Perfect,”

Meta Knight swung Galaxia and in only a second the horse guard's giant sword was missing its blade. The metal clattered against the cracked stone bricks and the horse stared at the empty hilt of his sword. The horse guard jumped back, dropping the hilt and knocking into one of his wizard. As the wizard fell, her long staff hit one of the guards who struggled to keep himself balanced, his giant tail tripping up the other swordsman and archer, who lost grip of her drawn bow and shot a weak arrow at the remaining wizard. The arrow didn't even pierce her armor but she fell to the ground anyways with a melodramatic squeal.