Chapter 20

Dang it guys, I had this done and ready to post on Tuesday, and was so excited that I was going to get it out on time, and then just completely forgot about it when Friday came around! Oh well, at least it's here now, right?

Anyway, the typography below was created by the wonderful @weirdpurplepanda and I cannot thank them enough for putting up with my fussiness. I was super annoying, constantly asking for tiny changes, and in the end it turned out so perfectly!

 I was super annoying, constantly asking for tiny changes, and in the end it turned out so perfectly!

All three of the Lightwood siblings sat on a bed in the infirmary, with Alec in the middle of them

All three of the Lightwood siblings sat on a bed in the infirmary, with Alec in the middle of them. Even though his injury wasn't anything life threatening, the girls had both been worried and wanted to stay with him.

"Don't squirm." Robert scolded as he was drawing the Iratze on Alec.

"I'm not." He denied. "It doesn't even hurt."

His phone began vibrating before anyone else could respond, and when Alec took it out, Izzy immediately snatched it from his hand.

"No talking. Just healing." She said, and left the room with it.

Less than a minute later, a ping came from Robert's own phone and he quickly checked it.

"It's your mother." Robert informed them. "Celeste, can you bandage him up for me? His rune is done."

Celeste nodded, and quickly got to work, pulling out everything she would need.

Robert thanked her and quickly left the room to talk about strengthening the wards.

Celeste sighed as she started cutting strips of bandage to use to wrap his wound in.

"I can't believe Valentine created a forsaken with angel properties in their blood. How is that even possible?"

"Izzy thinks it had Seelie blood in it."

She nodded. "That would explain it."

With enough pieces of bandage, she reached for his arm, but the second her fingers touched him, Alec quickly pulled away.