Chapter 13

Woohoo! I'm on time for this update! The further we get to the big reveal of what's going on with Celeste, the more excited I am to post chapters. :)

The gorgeous banner at the top was made by @lucida- and it looks amazing. So thank you so much for making it for me. It's perfect! :)

Also, may I please draw your attention to the fantastic typography down below that @GoddessofNostalgia created for the quote for this chapter. Another huge thank you for that!

 Another huge thank you for that!

Clary had refused to leave Luke's side, and Jace had refused to leave Celeste's, so the four of them ended up crammed in the backseat of Luke's car

Jace was doing his best to help Celeste and stop the bleeding while also giving directions to Simon on how to get to Magnus's apartment. Unfortunately, doing both was difficult, and after causing Simon to miss a turn twice, Celeste managed to yell at him to pay attention to where they were going instead of dealing with her, despite the pain she was in.

When they finally pulled up outside of Magnus's place, once again Clary wouldn't leave Luke, and Simon wouldn't leave Clary, so they were both out of the car to head up to find Magnus. Jace tried to argue that Simon needed to deal with the car while he helped get Celeste up there, but ultimately lost the battle when Celeste started making her way out of the car on her own.

Clary wasn't strong enough to help Luke up the stairs on her own, so Simon took his other side. They'd gotten through the doorway of the building when Celeste's ankle collapsed out from under her.

"Celeste!" Simon exclaimed, looking back.

Simon and Clary both looked conflicted, as they knew they couldn't help her and Luke get to Magnus's at the same time.

Celeste noticed their expressions, and waved them off. Between her pants she managed to shoo them away. "Go. I'll figure it out."

Clary didn't need to be told twice. She liked the girl well enough, but she didn't know the girl anywhere near as much as she knew Luke. If push came to shove, she was going to save Luke first.

The trio made their way to the elevator while Celeste managed to stand up and limp to get the next one.

Magnus lived in the penthouse suite of the building, so when she finally did make it into the elevator, she took a seat on the floor to catch her breath a bit.