White rabbit

"William stop it you're scaring me"

"It- needs- to- be- cleaned- up" I say on my knees cleaning up the remains of my little brother.

"It was an accident William the police are on the way just explain what happened!"

"It's so dirty, it's going to take forever to get rid of these stains"

"William please get up" tears were running down her face trying to pull me up, but I was frantic.

I hated when things were messy.

"How much time do I have left? To be taken away."

"I don't know Will not long."

"I NEED A SPECIFIC TIME MOTHER" I scream, "I need hydrogen peroxide but bleach will work.

"William they're coming, you need to know what to say so they don't lock you up forever."

"Who cares I'm already dead anyways, my life is a ticking clock, it's gonna eat at me forever."

"You can move past it my love, it wasn't your fault."

I could here the sirens, red and blue shined through the curtains.

"OPEN UP"

My mother opened the door and they walked in , the first thing they did was arrest me they put the metallic cuffs around my wrists and told me my rights.

"You have a right to remain silent, anything-"

"You need to cuff me tighter"

"You say or do can be held against you in a court of law."

"Cuff my tighter"

"Why kid?"

"I'll be able to run away" with that I the police officer in the shin and started to run with my hands behind my back.

I could see the woods in the line of vision but I was tackled down.

"Nice try."

"Tick"

I saw my mother sobbing uncontrollably on the porch being questioned by the police.

"Tock"

My white pants were still stained with my brothers blood.

"Tick"

I could hear my heart beating in my ears thinking about the stain on the carpet.

"Tock"

So little time, so much to do.