[24] Bedroom Talk

Start from the beginning

He raised a brow. "By others you mean yourself, right?"

Mia threw him a pillow. He was so spot on with her questions it was annoying. And embarrassing. She didn't want to assume anything. "I'm not the only one who goes into your study!"

"Yes, but you are the only female who comes to my room." He countered. He said it so intensely it took all of her to keep her heart from racing.

"Just answer the stupid question."

"Because I didn't want her here. Besides, allowing her in my room would be inappropriate. We were merely dating, I didn't want others of the pack to jump to the conclusion that we were intimate."

Mia's mouth dropped. That's exactly what she had thought. "What the heck, then why am I here?" she made move to get off his bed and go back to her own room but his arm blocked her. "Samuel I'm awake now. There's no need to keep me here."

"You will stay. I have a question for you myself."

His insistence made her pause. "What is it?"

Unhappy with how close to the edge of the bed she was the wolfman lifted her and brought her to the center. Mia squeaked when his hand grazed dangerously low on her back. He crouched over her like a wolf, shielding her from a quick exit.

"I wanted to know how you felt about being called Luna by the kids..." He looked slightly away from her, his voice more quiet. "I know we aren't mated yet. Did you want to tell them the truth?"

The recollection of his conversation with Jasmine earlier made her blood boil. "No, I don't," she said decidedly. "Jasmine had no right to tell the kids that and in addition even if I did want them to know I never gave her permission to tell them."

Samuel seemed momentarily confused that she would know what Jasmine had done but it was quickly overtaken by genuine surprise when he came to understand her answer.

"Oh," his response was simple, but he had never sounded so thrilled. His eyes dotted with delight and soon his nose fell to her neck as he rubbed it affectionately. He trailed up her neck and licked her behind the ear. He was very pleased. He cradled her head as he dove his noise into her hair and smelled her.

"Wow, you really don't want the kids to be disappointed." Mia said, her voice airy as she was very distracted by his touches.

She allowed Samuel to continue his strange ministrations. Having him so close felt right. She dreaded having to leave his room soon. Having left yesterday, it would be wrong if she didn't leave tonight. What excuse did she have to stay?

The wolfman pulled back. His eyes met her with an intensity that made her breath catch. "So clueless," he murmured to himself. "Mia, tomorrow is the full moon. In a few hours to be exact."

"Oh, great. That means your man period is coming," Mia bemoaned. "In high school you always used to yell at me for everything."

The full moon was never a good thing for Mia. Samuel was a hard person to handle, but on the full moon it always went up a notch. Sometimes she couldn't tell, as they were always arguing that it made no difference. But other times it was so unbearable she made sure to stay away from him.

The corners of his mouth quirked upwards. "That's because I'm hypersensitive to the things you're doing. My instincts rise against my will, and I have to make extra effort to control certain impulses. Be grateful I won't be in heat, otherwise you wouldn't be able to come here tomorrow night."

Her mind caught on that one statement. "Who says I'm coming here tomorrow night?" she sassed. How assumptious of him to think she would walk here again. She was determined to have a serious talk with her body and tell it to stay put in bed.