[19] The Ex Effect

A/N: Okay this chapter ended up being SUPER MEGALONG for no reason lmao. I quite enjoyed it as it was funny in my opinion. Time for some salty Mia action :D

[19] The Ex Effect

The first time Mia met Kevin—her soon to be first boyfriend— it was not his face that attracted her, nor his body. While he was a good-looking man in his own right, the reality was his black eyes took precedent over all. Their sooty color felt familiar, even though they didn't carry the sort of depth she desired. Its no surprise they formed an easy friendship, and her beauty captured him enough to make things deeper. But no matter how attached Mia grew to him, she always felt there were something missing. She never understood why she kept seeking and not finding the things she was looking for in him. It would take time before she realized he's not the man she wanted all along.

 It would take time before she realized he's not the man she wanted all along

Present

"S-Saurus...hi." The woman shyly stuttered. Her cheeks glowed bright red, an endearing rosy color that made her look both youthful and adorable, much to Mia's chagrin. Her eyes were wide as she gazed up at Saurus, they were big, blue and beautiful, liking her to an innocent angel.

Samuel regarded her coolly with no distinct expression. "Hello Jasmine, I hope you are doing well." He responded.

The dark-haired beauty looked at her feet, squirming in place. She looked like a cute puppy. "I'm okay. How have you been?" Her voice was soft, like a lovely melody played by the flute. It was light and delightful. No wonder Samuel fell hard for this chick, she was straight up gorgeous.

Mia squished the sourness creeping up in her insides. It was swirling to her mind and made her want to separate the two, a very troublesome thought, as they were hardly close in distance as is. What did she care of the interactions Samuel had with his ex? An ex he allowed to call him a name she was not entitled to. Whenever she called him Saurus he would always build a fuss on how she wasn't 'entitled' to it, yet somehow this other woman was.

"I'm doing well, thank you for asking." Samuel responded. His eyes appraised Jasmine, albeit detached and merely clinical. "You look healthy."

Mia's eyes narrowed. Healthy. So this chick looked healthy now did she? What the heck was that suppose to mean?

The woman looked away for a moment, slightly overtaken by his compliment. Mia had to stop herself from rolling her eyes. Relax woman, he only said you looked healthy. No need to be all overwhelmed. One would think she was just pronounced Miss USA with all that blushing.

"Thank you." Jasmine said kindly.

"I assume you have assimilated properly to Everglades by now?"

Mia's nose wrinkled that he even cared to ask another question, keeping the mindless conversation going, being all polite and whatnot asking her how she was doing. They had more important things to do than ask such needless questions, such as getting to their rooms.