Everybody Knows

Christopher

"Christopher..." Mama said looking at me. We were in the living room watching TV.

"Yes ma'am?" I answered her.

"Would you mind coming with me to the doctors tomorrow?" She asked. Now a nigga don't like hospitals, so I don't know bout this.

"I'll come, me, Mel and Dre." I said grabbing some candy out the dish.

"You treating this young lady right?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am."

"That's good. You take on a big responsibility being apart of her and this child's life."

"I know this. Most dudes would be scared, but I can manage." I said.

*

"Stop playing man." I heard.

"Switch to the game boy."

"Mama can I have some juice."

"She a popo ho."

"Shut up you old foo."

Those were some of the things I heard over all the talking going on.

"It's getting late. Dre already out." Melanie whispered in my ear.

"I'm about ready to go anyways." I said running my hands over my jeans. "I got Dre." I said standing up and picking him up. After saying good-bye to everybody we were on our way to our hotel.

"Your family is hilarious." Melanie said pulling her some clothes out.

"Nah, they reminded me why I stayed away." I said sitting on the edge of the bed, going through my phone.

"They are a little annoying, but family is family." She said.

*

Melanie

So Chris decided to bring Dre and I along to Ms. Joyce's doctor appointment. I don't mind seeing as there wasn't anything for us to do at the hotel.

"We'll just be a moment. They almost done." Chris said.

"As soon as were done, we gotta get some food." I said as he smirked.

"I'm cool with that fat ass." He smiled kissing my cheek. "I'll be right back."

"And my ass ain't fat." I whispered yelled.

"Everything cool. Just gon wait on her then we can get some food." Chris said coming back out from a room.

*

"So, Melanie. Christopher told me a lot about you during my appointment." Ms. Joyce said as I looked over at Chris.

"He's told me a lot about you too Ms. Joyce."

"Oh hush child. Call me Mama J." She smiled. "You two are beautiful." She then said.

"Thank you."

"Something about you has an affect on Christopher. Whatever it is, keep using it because I would love for you to stick around." She said as Chris sat there laughing to himself.

"I don't plan on leaving yet. I still have a few hairs Chris can turn gray." I said as he mugged me.

"He's difficult. I know." She said as he looked at Ms. I mean Mama J like she was crazy.

"Here's your check." The waitress came by, smiling all in Chris' face.

"Thanks." He said not paying her any attention.

"Never thought I'd see you here anymore."

"What makes you say that?" He asked finally looking at her. "Oh shit." I heard him mumble.

"Who's this Christopher?" Mama J asked.

"I'm Jenna. Me and Chris used to be buddies back in high school." She said.

Buddies? Friends? What exactly?

"Nice seeing you again Chris." She walked away smiling.

******************************

A little short? I know. I apologize. Just had to get a chapter out for y'all. That album tho? First Testimony, then Trigga and now X? Yaaaaasssss! Music has made my year this year lol. Anywayssssssssss,

Comment & Vote!

-Bornsinna