My Family

Christopher

"I swear you play too much." Melanie mumbled walking out the bathroom. I laughed. She loved it and knew she wanted it too.

"Sure. Hurry up. We ready and movin' slow." I said tryna put some pep in her step.

"I wonder why." She mugged me. "Do not play with me Christopher. I'm not in the mood for you're games." She said.

"Awwwww. Lighten up." I imitated a baby voice, before kissing her on her neck.

"You just don't get it do you?" She asked looking at me. "Keep playing Christopher. You gon be worried about more than your lil friend." She said putting some shit on her eye lashes. Damn crazy ass female dealing with their damn mood swings.

"You starting soon?" I asked as she mugged me through the mirror. "Nevermind." I sighed walking out the bathroom. Going to my phone, I seen Brandon was calling me.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"Wassuh my nigga. How it feel being back home?"

"It's coo. Different from when we last was here." I said.

"Wanna bring a yungin' a plate back? You know ya fam can cook."

"No promises but I'll try." I said putting on my shoes. "Lemme call you back later mayne." I said before dropping the phone and hanging it up. I looked over at Andre and saw him watching Ninja Turtles. Waiting on Mel gon be forever.

*

"Glad ta see you present." Margie said. This woman is for real on some thug shit. As far as I know she like 50 something in and outta jail as far back as being 10 years old.

"Nice to see you too ma'am."

"That ain't no ma'am. That's the devil talkin' to ya." Joseph said.

"Joe shut the hell up. Ain'ts nobody talkin' ta you. Always in otha folks biness." She said. By now Andre and Melanie had came in.

"Well hellur." Margie said.

"Hello. How are you?" Melanie greeted her.

"I'm doin' fine hunty. We're just waitin' on ev'rybody to get here then we can get things sitiated." She said. "Go on and have a seat." She then said as we walked away towards the kitchen. We sat down as Joseph flipped through channels.

"So how long you two been together?" He asked.

"About 4 or 5 months." I said.

"And she got a kid already? Boy, didn't anybody tell you, you not suppose to go after a woman with chil'ren?" He asked. "Of course you don't know that. You sitting here with the woman." He said. I just looked at Melanie as she grabbed my hand. Andre was sitting there holding onto his football we had bought him.

"See y'all yungin's got the game all screwed up. We wasn't doin' no stuff like this back in the day." He said laughing. This old fool needs to shut up.

"Joe, would you shut the hell up?" Margie came in the living room. "Always messin' with folks." She said sitting down.

"Margie?" We heard a male voice.

"In here Bryan." She called.

"Hey Daddy." He said coming in with the same little boy from the other day and a girl that looked about 12.

"See here's a perfect example of why you don't do that." Joe said looking at me.

"Hush up and leave the boy alone." Margie said "What's going on Bryan?" She then asked him.

"She's still at it." He sighed sitting down.

"You kids got out front." Margie said as they all got up and left. The 12 year old stomped off. "The hell is wrong with her?"

"That crackhead syndrome." Joe said.

"That's your grandchild fool. Have some respect." Margie called out.

Yeah tonight will be long.

*

By the time everybody got here, it was a lot of family members I never knew about. My cousin, Tammie and her father Blue were here. My other cousin Bryan and his kids had stayed. My other cousins, Lisa and her sister Vanessa were here, along with Vanessa's husband, Frankie and their combined family of 3 kids and another on the way. My other cousin, Helen and her husband Orlando with their new born baby boy were also here. Then you had all these older folks here. I know we have a big ol family.

"Christopher." Melanie called me. She was talking to my mother.

"Wassup?"

"We should bring your mother to New York sometime." She said.

"Sure." I said. I was really worried about the food we were about to receive. I was ready for it.

"Okay family. Let's say grace." Mama said. "Bryan, would you mind?"

******************************

Here's a chapter fa y'all. Had to get one out. Just in Christopher's view for this chapter. I'll try to get another chapter out fa y'all tomorrow.