What To Expect?

Chris

"So you mean to tell me you fucked the bitch while her mom was downstairs?" Leon asked Brandon.

"Hell yeah. I had lil mama worked." He said laughing.

"Man, you crazy." Leon said.

"When you'a gettin' sum, you'a gettin' sum." Brandon said.

"Ain't that the truth?" I said as Brandon slapped me five. They continued talking as I answered my ringing phone. "Hello?" I answered without checking my caller i.d.

"Christopher, it's me." The familiar voice said.

"How'd you get my number?" I questioned picking up a box of candy.

"Your cousin." She said.

"Great." I mumbled.

"I need to talk to you about something important." She said.

"Yeah, what's that?" I asked, annoyed.

"I just want to apologize to you. I only have one son and I wanna make things right with you before it's too late."

"Too late?" I questioned.

"My doctor found a lump and they're running tests." She said. No matter what me and my Mama went through in the past, she's still my mother.

"What they say?" I questioned.

"What they always say." I heard her sigh. "Do you think you could make a trip down here?" She asked me. I should've known something was gonna drag me back down to VA.

"I'll think about it." I said.

"Please Christopher?" She said.

"I gotta think about it. I have to sort things out. I'll let you know. Love ya, bye." I said before putting my phone back in my pocket. I turned around to see Brandon and Leon looking at me confused.

"Everythin' aight?" Brandon asked.

"Yeah, just my moms calling." I said picking up the same box of candy I had earlier and walking towards the register.

"Ya mama?" Leon questioned. "When y'all start talking again?"

"We ain't. She got my number from my cousin." I sighed.

"What she say? Y'all was talkin' fa a lil bit." Brandon said.

"She want me to come down to VA. Family issues and shit."

"Mayne, we ain't been there fa ever. You gon go? Do a lil road trip an' shit." Brandon asked.

"Shit, I don't know." I mumbled. The drive back to my house was quiet. With the news I just found out, I just needed time for my thoughts right now. I got a call from Melanie, but I just watch that shit go straight to voicemail. I ain't feel like answering the phone to be honest, she ain't do nothing, yet. Pulling up to the house, I hopped out the backseat and walked straight in the house, heading straight to my room. My mood just ain't here anymore.

*

Melanie

As me and Nya sat in the living room, we heard Brandon and them walk in. They came and sat down, but Chris wasn't with them.

"Where's Chris?" I asked.

"Upstairs." Leon said, sitting all up under Nya. I got up and went upstairs to see Chris laying across the bed. He looked angry, something must've happened.

"Everything okay?" I asked crawling into his big bed.

"Nah." He said.

"You wanna talk about it?" I asked him.

"Nah, not really." He said.

"You sure?"

"Yeah." He sighed. "I just need a minute to myself." He sat up and looked at me.

"Okay." I got up and went back downstairs.

"Big homie okay?" Leon asked.

"I don't know. Something wrong with him." I shrugged.

"All he said was dat his mama had called, that's it." Brandon said rolling up a blunt.

"Does she normally call him?" I.questioned.

"Nah. They lost contact a while back."

Hmmmmmm.

************************************

Sorry for Melanie's POV being so short, I got bored with her. What y'all think about Chris' new found family issues? Should he go back to VA or nah? Lemme kno'!

Comment & Vote!