How does one become a sociopath?

Ah yes, the inevitable question. How does one become a sociopath? Are they born with it? Do they develop it over time? Can someone choose to become a sociopath? The answer to the first three is still up for debate.

The simple answer for the last one is, well, no. I mean, of course, you can certainly try and act like one, but you could never truly be one.

Genetic factors

Genetics play a huge role in whether the child will become a sociopath or not. It's more than likely that the child will grow to have sociopathic tendencies. Alcoholic parents have a high risk of getting a child with the disorder.

Environmental factors

Science says that some children are born with sociopathic tendencies. The environment around the child is a huge influencer and can trigger the child's mind, therefore resulting that the child will grow to be a sociopath.

Certain life circumstances

A head injury, or physical/mental trauma in a child's life has a huge effect on the child's brain being triggered into becoming a sociopath. Such trauma can include:

- Head injuries

- Physical abuse

- Mental abuse

- Disconnected from peers

- Neglection

Such trauma results in childhood mostly, and to deal with said abuse, the child develops sociopathy. Their emotions are imbalanced due to these instances in their childhood that they have silenced some reactions to certain situations, and exaggerated some on other situations.

All that being said, one cannot just simply become a sociopath. You would be a sociopath BECAUSE of such instances occurring in your life and genetic influences. There is really no way to become a sociopath overnight. However, even though you can't become one, you can understand what they think like. How they think. Here are some tips on how to look at the world from a sociopath's perspective. Understand that even though you may think you relate to some of these, you would still be far from being a sociopath and in no way would this be a diagnostic list.

Know that people are dumb. People are stupid and will never amount to anything. Everyone is useless, including you. We're all terrible creatures. People kill other people! In no way is that acceptable. Everyone is an idiot, no one is special. We're all as useful as a speck of dust laying next to a crummy old building.

Understand that life is pointless. Go to university? Okay. Then do what? Work? For what? For money? We're all eventually gonna die anyway, what does it matter what I do? So people remember me? And what good will that do to anyone? Yeah I'll inspire and motivate them, but then they'll end up being like me, and dying. The cycle will then continue, everything is useless.

The law is not real. I don't need to follow this. Why should I? It's made up by stupid people in this ridiculous world, everything is worthless, so then why should I feel obliged to follow these laws? Why should I feel the need to make them of any worth?

Right and wrong? It's all in your head. It's a concept, and there is no such thing. You do what you do, and you live doing it. Right and wrong doesn't exist.

Doubt everyone else's existence. Okay yeah, they're wandering creatures who can talk to me. But so can a phone. There isn't a way for me perceive another being's consciousness, therefore I'm really the only person in existence.

Blame others for everything. Their actions can impact me, so even though they don't exist they can impact me. Why am I not earning enough money? Because someone else is. Why did I develop cancer? Because someone else is smoking and drinking. If I want I can go further and blame the universe. The universe made me fall of that flight of stairs and break my arm, not my clumsiness. Nothing can be your fault, it's always the universe, or other people.