24~Lies and Secrets

"Well?" Yoongi broke the drawn out shocked silence. "I'm right aren't I Jimin?"

"Yoongi hyung," Hoseok coughed nervously. "What are you talking about?"

Yoongi crossed his arms, face hard and unrelenting as Jimin seemed stunned in the doorway. "I was curious when Y/N said she'd never seen the book before. But the moment Jungkook touched it, there was a small flash of blue. Very quick I almost missed it."

Everyone remained silent so Yoongi continued.

"The other day I saw you looking at the books yourself," Yoongi took a step towards Jimin. "You put a spell on the book so Y/N didn't see it."

"Yoongi hyung I think that's enough," Namjoon quickly stepped in front of Yoongi before he took another step towards Jimin.

My heart slammed in my chest as I gazed at Jimin.

Once again, the blue-haired demon was avoiding my gaze.

"Is it true Jimin?" I asked quietly.

No answer.

Silence.

Again.

I was sick of it.

"Jimin look at me when I'm talking to you!" I exploded, striding up towards him.

The blue-haired demon did something I never expected him to ever do.

He retreated.

At my sudden confrontation towards him Jimin quickly darted backwards to maintain distance between him and I.

Hurt flashed through me and I halted to stare at him.

"Is it true?" I demanded.

I saw his Adam's apple bob a little as he swallowed.

"It's true."

It felt like someone had somehow grabbed my heart and squeezed painfully tight, constricting my lungs and almost like a punch to the gut.

"What...? Why?" I breathed.

Why would he do such a thing?

He knew how much I wanted to go home. Heck, he had seen me literally have a breakdown on wanting to go home.

So why would he hide something from me?

"Why would you do something like this to me, Jimin, huh?" my words were becoming more venomous than I'd ever thought was possible for me. "I have a family back home who's probably searching for me! I miss them! I want to see them again. Why the hell would you hide something like that from me?"

A pulse jumped out in Jimin's neck as he looked away completely, showing only his jawline at me.

I began to make a move towards him again when a strong grip grasped my arm, holding me back.

I turned to find myself face to face with Yoongi.

I had never been this close before with the purple-hair demon and before, I had been almost nervous to be within arm's reach on how harsh and blunt he was at times.

But at the moment I just met the glittering violet eyes with my own, glaring pointedly at his grasp on my arm.

When he didn't get the message I seethed through my teeth: "Let go."

"Just leave it Y/N," Yoongi's eyes darted across my face, almost as if searching for something. "Trust me on this. Jimin's not going to talk unless he wants to and no one can change that until he's ready."