Chapter 4: The Last Day

Começar do início

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist. Walking into my room, I grabbed my phone to see if I had any messages or anything. Sean, my best friend had texted me asking if I wanted to hang out. Sean, Collin and I had hung out a lot. We knew each other since we were like six. Sean lived a couple of blocks away from us but even so he slept over often enough that some of his clothes were in my dresser. 'Sure! Do you wanna come over?' I wrote. He immediately responded. 'Yeah for sure man! I'll be over in a few!' I sighed again. Hopefully Collin wouldn't take the opportunity to talk about the Kim situation with Sean. Please, please Collin, don't embarrass me further.

I quickly got dressed and went to the bathroom to fix my hair. Once I was satisfied, I went over and opened the door to Collin's room. "Hey Sean's coming over in a bit." I said. He looked up from his laptop and nodded.

"Cool! I haven't seen Sean for a while."

"He should be here any minute. But please don't tell him about the Kim thing," I pleaded. He looked at me curiously.

"Jake...close the door," I did as instructed. "What's going on?"

"What do you mean?" I asked nervously. "We already talked about how I don't like her like that you know? And I just don't want Sean thinking it's weird because he has thought I've liked her forever. I don't really have an answer as to why I don't, I just don't." I rambled on. Collin stood up and gripped my shoulder.

"Jake listen to me," he said slowly, his voice almost a whisper so nobody could overhear us. "I'm your older brother and I like to tease you, but as I said before you can always talk to me. I'm here for you." Okay now I was confused.

"What? I know that Collin, I just don't want you bringing Kim up to Sean okay?" I said hurriedly, thinking that at any minute Sean would burst into the room. Collin just shook his head.

"You don't even know...." he murmured to himself, before fixing me in his gaze again.

"What don't I know?" I questioned defensively. Collin avoided answering though. He simply looked at me, smiling slightly.

"You don't have to worry about me saying anything to Sean about it Jake. I won't, I promise." He pulled me into a hug. Now I was super confused. It was as if Collin knew something I didn't. He wasn't about to tell me anytime soon either. Sighing as I hugged him back, I figured at least I didn't have to worry about getting teased about the kiss with Kim. Sean would never get over the fact that I kissed her and didn't like it.

"Boys! Sean's here!" I could hear my Mom calling from downstairs. That woman did that a lot. We both quickly hurried down to greet him.

"Hey guys!" Sean said as Collin and I entered the living room.

"Sean, dude it's been forever!" Collin exclaimed as he hugged him and patted him on the back. "How've you been?"

"I've been good, just going to school and working a little bit," explained Sean. I however wasn't really listening to their conversation. I was looking at Sean. I hadn't seen him in forever. His hair was light brown, he had some light stubble all over his cheeks and chin, plus it looked as though he'd been working out. I was a tad bit jealous as I looked down at my own body subconsciously. What the hell am I doing? I thought. I quickly attempted to return my focus to everyone talking when a hand was being waved in front of me.

"Hey Jake! Jake! Are you there man?" Sean was saying as he waved his hand in front of my face. I quickly batted it away.

"Yeah, yeah sorry. I zoned out." I apologized. Sean raised an eyebrow at me, while Collin looked at me knowingly.

"What?" I shrugged my shoulders innocently at Collin. Sean looked over at him, utterly confused.

"It's nothing," Collin said, shaking his head slightly. Sean shrugged his shoulders.