84 | He Loves Me Not

Börja om från början

Tears brimming my eyes, "Sobō, yame nasai. Watashi ga seishiki ni sotsugyō shita nochi no tame ni anata no supīchi o hozon shite kudasai. [Sobo, stop. save your speeches for after I graduate officially.]"

She chuckles and nods, wiping her tears before wiping her hands against the pants. "Ureshīdesu. Hokori ni omou. [I'm happy for you. Proud.]"

"Arigatō, [Thank you,]" I repeat and smile. "Anata wa jurian ga watashi no bōifurendo ni natta koto mo hokori ni omotte imasu. [I'm sure you're also proud that Julian happens to be my boyfriend.]"

She smiles, nodding widely, "Ā, mochirondesu. [Oh, definitely.]"

I laughed at her, and pull apart once I hear the familiar beep of Graham's BMW. I turn back to my family, "alright," I wipe the tears from my face, "you guys better be at my graduation or else I'm gonna riot. I'll see you all soon!"

I left without another word as I strayed from the house and towards the black car, noticing that Iris was in the backseat and strangely, without Erin cling to her side.

I enter into the passenger's seat, finding Graham having a casual tuxedo under his gown. I turn around, finding Iris in the backseat with her red dress underneath her gown.

"Welcome, graduating senior," Graham announces and I laugh; too happy, too excited today. He pulls out of the driveway and begin to drive down the road to our graduation.

"Happy to see Iris wasn't going with Erin," I announce as Iris sends me a glare.

"We're going to meet in front of the school; same as you and your boo thang." Iris sends me a reminder and I laugh, seeing Graham slightly frowning at the driver's seat.

"Hey," I punch my best friend lightly on his arm, "don't do that. You know why he did what he did."

I told Graham a shorted, censored version of everything that went down. As with Iris; but I mainly pointed to Graham in order for him to gain his trust again with Julian. I didn't want to reveal too much, especially since it was still a sensitive topic to Julian and I haven't gotten the ok to explain everything to my friends.

Graham sighs, nodding, "I know," he said quietly, "just–just give me a bit to warm up to him again."

"Okay."

"It's going to take a while though."

"Okay," I laugh, shaking my head. "Take your time."

"I will." He announces, making the turn as our school building begins to appear. I noticed the parking lot wasn't as full as I expected—exactly, less. It's probably because Iris is valedictorian and she needs to be early to practise a bit more of her speech.

"Hey, guess what?" Graham said, pulling up to a parking space. I unbuckled myself, brushing out the wrinkles before turning to my best friend. His appearance eased, and a smile formed on his lips.

"What?"

"I made salutatorian."

"Hello class," Iris tapped on the microphone as our senior grade stained their eyes on hers. I followed my best friend, a smile lingering on my lips as an arm wrapped itself around my shoulders. I pull myself closer to Julian, waiting my best friend's next words.

"We first came here as freshmen; widowed in the darks about the runs of the school and the social system in the years. We came here blurred with what would happened next and the fear of catching onto the seniors' radar and getting pranked."