●4●

<^>^<^>^<^>
Yuuri's POV
<^>^<^>^<^>

"YUURIII KATSUKI~!!" I was tackled to the ground for the second time in one morning, by none other than the 5th grader Phichit Chulanont.

"O-oh, hey Phichit! What's up?" I asked, trying to sit up.

"It's been a while, we need to hang out this weekend! BUT FIRST!!" He flashed me a picture on his phone, of me and Viktor this morning. "EXPLAIN THIS!! WHATS GOING ON BETWEEN THE TWO OF YOU?! I'M ONE OF YOUR BESTFRIENDS, YOU NEED TO TELL ME THESE EXCITING LIFE EVENTS OF YOURS!!", he yelled, sounding a lot more excited than angry.

"U-uh...." I responded, not knowing how to answer him.

"Come oooon, give me the juicy detaaaiillss, you can't just tell me that you rode to school with the boy you've literally gushed about for years, and nothing happened!"

"Why not? Nothing really did happen! I was running late for the bus and he gave me a ride, that's all. I happened to run into him, so he was willing to help." I said, shrugging my friend off.

He hopped off of me, "Well, either way, I already posted it."

It took me 0.00001 seconds to jump to my feet, already screaming the question of "What?!" Before I was all the way on my feet.

He backed away from me, putting his hands up in defense, "Sorry, not sorry, I couldn't help it!!"

Christophe Giacometti, a Sophmore whom was rather good friends with Viktor AND Phichit, waltzed up to us, "heeey, I heard that Viktor gave someone a ride this morning??" He asked, leaning over Phichit's shoulder, and at his phone.

"Yeah, I was just asking what happened, from the man himself." And just like that, they were in their own conversation, leaving me mad out of my mind watching them talk about me.

As angry as I was, it was pretty funny to see a 15 year old and a 10 year old get along so well.

"Well, ChitChit, I think you may have just sentenced this boy to his doom." Chris said, snapping me back to their conversation. What he said was very much true, and that frightened me to my core.

Everyone would be out for my blood for sure, now word was out Viktor gave me a ride. I figured it'd be at least a little while before people found out, because despite all the drama that happens here, word travels pretty slowly by mouth. A picture, on the other hand, is posted and everyone sees it at once.

I'm dead meat... in this moment, I realized, Viktor and I can never be together. As friends, nor lovers. He's way too out of my league, and the pedestal of popularity that I've built for myself so far is not nearly enough to reach his.

I may not be able to be with him, but I'm still going to stand on the stage with him next year, when I'm a freshman. It's my last chance, since he'll be a senior next year.

In the mean time, though, I need to lay low and make sure no one sees me. I'd rather not be bullied by the guys, and ALSO the girls. Imagine, the 8th grade athlete superstar, beat up to a pulp and stuffed into the lockers because he refused to hit a girl back.

'Do I still have that hoodie in my locker? Maybe I can use that to hide my face...' arriving at my locker, having avoided anyone and anything that came my way so far, but I still quickly reached into my locker, searching around for that hoodie I always kept at school in case I got too cold at school.