Twenty-seven - Miserable

Physical violence occurs in this chapter, read at your own risk.

☆☆☆☆

A quick move to the abandoned parking lot by the school was all Calum and his friends needed. They've done this multiple times, mostly to Michael and the alters.

MC was hold by one of Calums friends, the body too weak to break free, while Luke was hold by the too other friends.

"Do you wanna know why threatening to hit me was a stupid idea, MC?" Calum asked with a smirk that caused MC to spit after him.

"I don't care," he growled.

"Aww, you're so adorable when you're angry," Calum laughed and punched MC in the stomach, which caused him to groan out in pain. A 'no' was yelled from behind them as Luke was forced to watch.

"And you call Michael gay?" MC laughed through the pain and looked up at Calum.

Calum didn't like that comment at all. A punch to the jaw was more his cup of tea, making MC spit out blood.

"I'm not fucking gay, understand?" He said through gritted teeth, only causing MC to smirk. He had hit a soft spot.

"You think you're funny, huh? Let me give you something to laugh over," Calum said, still angry.

MC closed his eyes shut, waiting for another punch or a kick. But it never came, instead Calum walked close to him, leaning in to his ear.

"Remember these numbers? 4... 3... 44... 1... 66..." he whispered.

MC gulped as he felt his body freeze.
Where had he heard those numbers?
Who did he get them from?
Though, he didn't want to admit it, tears formed in his eyes.

"How..?" Was all he was able to say.

Tap... Tap... Tap Tap... Tap... Tap Tap...
4... 3... 44... 1... 66...
The number combination to get into the room, they were put in. The room where there only was a bed. To be honest, it wasn't even a bed. It was a mattress and a blanket.

In that room, Michael and the others was forced to spend their free time. Unless Adrian needed him for something, and then he had to stay in his room.

"4.. 3.. 44.. 1.. 66.. That's the combination, pretty boy. Now, go to your room," Adrian used to say, "and stay there until I come and get you."

MC hated that room, he hated the house in general and the people inside it. He hated the fact that if he didn't do what was told, it would be worst for himself... all the pain was unbearable.

All the time in the small room was terrible. The times they had to entertain themselves with nothing but their mind. The times in Adrians bedroom. The times with Adrians friends. The times neither of the alters want to remember.

The shorter boy pulled himself out of the flashbacks. He looked around and found himself on the ground; they had left him in the parking lot.

Luke sat beside him, comforting with arms wrapped around him. Luke didn't understand what happened, he just saw MC fall to the ground after Calum whispered something.

When the small boy noticed Luke's arms around him, he freaked out.

"Stay away from me," he said. Luke noticed a small lisp, but neither of the alters had a lisp, so he let it slide.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to help somehow," Luke explained as he pulled his arms back.

"That wasn't helpful," the small boy admitted and wrapped his arms around himself. There was that lisp again, Luke thought he was going crazy. He was sure none of the alters had a lisp.

Would it be wrong to ask about it?
Would whoever was out get mad if he asked?
Was it an alter he hadn't met?
Michael did say, there only was him, MC, Mikey and Micah, right?
Luke had so many questions, but chose to keep them for himself.

"Come.. School is starting in 2 minutes," Luke said as he looked at his phone. The green-eyed boy looked confused.

"School?" He asked.

"Yeah.. School.. It's Friday, remember?" Luke responded.

But the small boy didn't remember. He didn't even know it was Friday. Where he was, he didn't know either.

He wasn't even sure who the blonde was.

☆☆☆☆
Exciting stuff is happening!
At least, I think it's exciting.

What did you think of the chapter?
What speculations do you have about the events?
What do you think happens next?

Have a great day! -Lærke