Twenty-two - Uncomfortable

"Adrian, why don't you move next to Michael instead? I find it easier to meet new people when I'm next to people I already know," Liz asked. Micah knew, she only did this out of pure kindness in her heart, but right now it didn't feel like kindness.

Of course Adrian agreed, and he found his way to the chair right next to Micah. Micah stopped breathing for a second and discretely moved a bit away.

The actual dinner went fine. Adrian told some embarrassing stories about Michael, but that was unavoidable. Luckily, Micah didn't know about most of them. Like that one time Michael ran through the entire house naked, because he didn't want to get dressed.

What happened while waiting for the dessert, was far from fine though. Adrians hand had slowly found it way onto Micahs thigh. Micahs breath hitched and he got trouble thinking clearly.

Micah looked at the others for help, but no one seemed to notice, not even Luke. They all just sat there and listened to Adrians stories. Micah wouldn't dare to look at Adrian, but he could imagine the satisfied smile on his face.

Micah twitched when he felt Adrians hand move to the inner thigh. He tried to push the hand away, but nothing happened. Micah swallowed a lump and carefully looked up at Adrian. The smile on his face said it all, he was in control.

"I have to go the bathroom, excuse me," Micah said and stood up. This was the only way he could get out of this mess, he thought.

He rushed to the bathroom, and locked the door.

"I thought you said, you could remain calm around him" He heard Mikey say. He looked in the mirror, but looked down in shame shortly after.

"Th-that's what I thought," Micah whispered, so the others wouldn't hear.

"Hey, I get it, I really do. I know for a fact, that I wouldn't have done any better. We could just leave, say something came up at home," Mikey suggested.

"You know, as well as I, that he'll just follow us and we'll end up in the basement of his house," Micah explained. He had already thought about just leaving, but that obviously wouldn't work.

"You could ask Luke to drive us home?" She suggested.

"Adrian will volunteer to take us home, and we'll end up in his basement," he responded.

"Hide in Luke's room then," she tried.

"I can't. Adrian will say that he's going to the bathroom, but he'll end up in Luke's room, and bad stuff will happen," Micah explained.

"Well, you can't stay here with him. Can you?" She asked.

"I have to, Mikey. It's the only way, Michael won't get hurt," Micah sighed.

Micah could feel Mikey sigh, she must have come to that realisation too.

"Just be careful, okay?" She said.

"I will," Micah said and walked out of the bathroom. All eyes went on Micah, when he entered the kitchen.

"Ah, Micah, there you are," Adrian said with that satisfied smile on his face.

Did he just say 'Micah'?
No, he couldn't have. Could he?
He didn't know about Micah or the others, did he?
He didn't believe it when the doctor told him about it. Or did he?
How did he know, that Micah was Micah? And how did he even know about his name?

Thoughts like that flushed through Micahs head, while he slowly got back to his spot beside Adrian. The uncomfortable feeling of Adrians hand on the thigh was back within a second. He looked at the others, no one seemed to notice this, or the fact that Adrian said 'Micah' instead of 'Michael'.

All he could do was pray, that the hand would stop there. He could pray, that this evening was over soon. He could pray, that someone would actually realise what was going on and stop it.

But that didn't seem to happen. They all just sat there and enjoyed their dessert and stories from the new neighbour.

Micah couldn't enjoy any of that, not as long as that hand was still placed on his thigh. The night was over soon, and then he was free for the day. For the day at least. This made Micah realise, than when Adrian still was around on free foot, they'd never be free.

☆☆☆☆
Yay, a new chapter.
You've officially met Adrian now, what do you think of him?
What do you think about Micah and Mikeys talk in the bathroom?
I'd love to hear what you think!

Have a great day! -Lærke

More Than One? [Muke]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें