Chapter Fourteen

Sorry for the wait, but hope you like this. I hope yall be reading August's words in his voice in this chapter. Honestly I hope yall be doing that since the first book. I hope yall laying in your bed in the dark or somewhere alone reading this, eating something. 😂😂 Yall will be needing something to calm down your hormones. I hope... you know what.. I'ma let yall read now. Enjoy!

October 16, 2017

"Baby, I'm trying here. I'm trying to be a better husband and a better lover for you. I can't do that if you won't talk to me. Baby, I'm here truly."

Nikita watch the wife looks at the husband as she begins to speak.

"Something is missing, and I don't know what it is."

In the middle of their session, Nikita's phone starts vibrating.

"What do you mean by something is missing?"

"I don't feel the same. I feel like we're just two different people. I feel like that we don't match anymore."

Nikita starts to get annoys as her phone keeps vibrating. Nikita takes her phone out, telling them to hold their thoughts while putting her phone on silence.

"Sorry about that. Proceeed."

"I felt like our love is slipping, and I'm okay with that because I'm the cause of it."

As she watches the couples' body language, she couldn't find out what is the root of their problem. It's like someone is holding back from one another. They didn't cheat on each other, they just lost the way from their connection.

"Mrs. Edwards, how long have you been feeling like this?"

"Since our child died, it was my fault. I had a lot of stuff on my mind that day and said something that I shouldn't have." The wife mumbled as her voice broke slightly while reliving the moment.

"No, it wasn't baby. It was an accident."

"Yes, it was my fault! No one in this world can tell me otherwise."

"When did he passed away, and what happened?"

"It's been eight months since he died. He got hit by a car. He was going after a ball that I told him to go get. I was putting the groceries in the trunk and the ball had fell out the trunk. I didn't think that the ball was gonna roll that far, but it did. I realize what I have done in a split second, and as I tried calling his name out the car had hit him. Someone called the ambulance for me, and they took him to the hospital. We were there at the hospital through the time he had died. He died three days later after the incident."

"I'm sorry for both of your losses. If you don't mind telling me how old was he."

"Thank you, and he was five." Mrs. Edwards sniffled into the tissue.

The wife tries to look at her husband, but couldn't bare to.

"You are better off with someone else, Sebastian. I don't want to be a burden to you."

The husband grabs her hand, making her look at him, letting her know that what he is about to say is serious.

"You know I love you and no one understands me like you do. We can get through this. We just need to find a way to cope with our son's death. He was my little boy too and I loved him, still do. We need each other to get through this pain. I-I can't do it without you."

Nikita looks at them, knowing that the wife will need grief therapy to overcome her son's death just as well as the husband.

"A death of a child is suppose to bring you closer and make the bond stronger. It's a lot of ways people deals with grieve. Have you stopped talking to each other?"