The Front Door

Jevil's POV

A light ding echos throughout the stairs, and a gentle pattering of feet follows soon after. Only a single pair of feet.

' have the Lightners simply sent one of their foolish guards to lock the door? Or perhaps, has someone stumbled upon the gates of freedom? ' the Jester thinks, hiding himself behind a magical barrier, which acts as a one way window. Unless he gets close enough of course

The Jester realizes that it is not a Darkener, as he expected, but indeed a Lightener.

The Lightner has a calm, innocent glow to her, eyes soft in the dim light as she peers outside. Doing her best to get a good look at him, but still keeping her distance from the bars.

He decides to talk to her.

"UEE HEE HEE!" He says trying to strike up a conversation

"MY MY, A VISITOR! VISITOR! AND A LOVELY ONE INDEED! TELL ME MY DEAR LIGHTENER, ARE YOU HERE TO HAVE A TASTE OF FREEDOM?" This Lightner must be sound sensitive, because she winces at his loud voice.

She get closer to the bars. "I'm not really sure what I'm doing here." The lightener says quietly, putting her hands around the bars of the door. He does the same. Wrapping his own hands around her soft one's. The Jester does so to get a closer look at his visitor.

The lightener is wearing some type of dance clothing, instead of the armor that the other human Lightner wears. He also notices how pretty the Lightner looks up close.

"Why Don't You Let Yourself Outside?" He asks lowering his volume, so you don't move away from his loud voice.

The lightener looks hesitant.

Your POV.

You consider your options. You COULD enter his cage, but there's a possibility that he'd take advantage of you, and there is a reason that he's locked up in the first place.

You decide to ask him that.

"Why are you out there? And why is everyone else locked up?" You play along, maybe he'll explain more if you do.

"Oh It's A Tragic, Tragic Tale! I'm Innocent, Innocent. I Just Wanted To Play A Game, Game. But The Boring King's Found Such Fun To Be A Trouble. As Punishment They Craved To In Prison My Body."

"Well that's a bit harsh." You say quietly, the Jester smiled like he heard you.

"But I'm Fast, Fast And Clever, Clever." He continues "They Lost The Chase And Locked Up Their Entire Race. Building A Prison Around The Whole World. Now I'm The Only Free One."

"That's sad. So your really the only one here who's free?" You say believing him a little more.

"Yes, Very Sad, Sad Indeed." He nods bleakly, his yellow eyes cast to the floor.

"(Y/n)! Shouts a voice behind you. The Jester let's go of your hands and floats away, back into the darkness, and you let go of trying bars.

Ralsei, Kris, and Susie rush up to you. Kris signing sporadically, Ralsei frantically asking if you're alright, while Susie glares at the now hidden Jester.

"I'm fine guys, really I'm oka-"
"Ralsei give me the key." Susie interrupts, still glaring at the jester.

"UEE HEE HEE! SO YOU HAVE COME BACK TO PLAY, PLAY!" The Jester shouts. You flinch at his booming voice.

"We're not here to play games Jevil." Susie growls.

"OH, I SEE, SEE! FOOLISH LIGHTNERS BELIEVE THAT THEY CAN LOCK THE FRONT DOOR WITHOUT PLAYING, DO WE, DO WE?" The cell opens, the door swings out and somehow we're all pulled in by some invisible force.

"IF YOU WISH TO LOCK THEM UP ONCE MORE, YOU MUST BEAT ME IN A GAME."

^| This is how I imagine your out fit to look like

^
|
This is how I imagine your out fit to look like.