xi。644

CHAPTER ELEVEN

644. This is the room, Yoongi thought. He gathered up all of his courage as he stumbled towards the door anyway, his legs wanting to give out at that very moment. He couldn't believe what he had heard, but he needed to see it so he could believe it. He had to do something in order to fully wrap his head around the situation, so he listened to what he was told and followed through, opening the door to the room up. Luckily, the parents weren't in the room at the moment. They probably had stepped out for a much needed rest or dinner, Yoongi wouldn't blame them.

He walked over to the edge of the bed, seeing the numbers pop into his head. They were all matched with the machines that were hooked up to the boy lying there, and Yoongi could even see his heartbeat and oxygen levels. They weren't the best but they weren't dangerously low either. The detective swallowed the lump forming in his throat before he looked at the face of the body lying there.

Park Jimin, aged twenty-one, born in Busan.

He was lying right there, but he still had trouble seeing him. He could make out a thin outline of his body lying in the hospital bed, but he couldn't see any new information or even a shade of red around him. It frustrated him to no end. This was a giant turn in their investigation but Yoongi still couldn't see their victim.

"A little freaky, huh?" A voice called out from behind Yoongi, and he already knew who it was. "I mean, you've been talking to me this whole time but it wasn't really me... Hell, I'm shaking from just looking at myself in that bed. That's me right there."

"How?" Yoongi managed to say, not turning away from the body in the bed. "How did all of this happen?"

And Jimin, the Jimin who floated around to the other side of the bed, could only shrug, but he remembered Yoongi couldn't see him so he forced himself to speak. "I don't know, Yoongi. If I had known I was in a coma for almost months on end, I would have told you." Yoongi looked up to where the direction of the voice was—in front of him—and stared blankly with his blind eyes. "Don't look at me like that."

"I'm just... My powers aren't otherworldly, so I'm struggling to understand how I can sense your presence and speak with you."

"Detective Namjoon was able to, but he forgot about me. He forgot because this isn't really me. The real me," Jimin moved his head to look at his body that was in the bed, "is right there. So, with those facts, can't you see what's happening?"

Yoongi heard the broken tone in the boy's voice and he had to remember: Jimin was scared. This was something he wasn't expecting, and never thought would be his life, so of course he was afraid. Yoongi needed to be strong for him. If they both broke who was going to save them?

Yoongi took this time to think about all the knowledge he had, and then something came to him. "Astral projection... Oh my god, Jimin." He looked up to where he thought Jimin's voice was coming from. "Whatever happened to you to get you here, your body and mind pushed your soul out of your body. Astral projection, I'm speaking to your astral body... am I not?"

"That seems about right. I mean, I did always have a weird emptiness to me. So how do I get back? I tried earlier to get back in my body but it's like something is preventing me from returning."

"It might have to do with what caused you to be in this coma. Whatever the reason for it, your physical body pushed your soul out and is preventing you from returning. We have to solve your case quickly and get you to understand what happened. That might be the only way."

"Okay," Jimin said with a smile, Yoongi could hear it in his voice. "I trust you, so please do the best that you can to help me."

And Yoongi found it hard not to smile back so he did, feeling an odd sense of motivation coursing through him. He was going to help Jimin, no matter the cost.