John smiled and chuckled a bit, "Sorry, I'm busy - Sherlock will have to take you."

John got up, still chuckling away to himself considering what his friend might consider the 'death sentence' once he understood why the situation would be bad for him. When he got to the kitchen, he peeked his head out to them again.

"And Sherlock,"

"Yes?"

"No guns."

"Why would I need a gun?"

John just chortled to himself, not answering his question. Elizabeth gave a bright look to Sherlock, happy she could go out to get her dress. She loved parties like these - dressing up was fun after all. Yes, she wouldn't have minded a fellow lady to accompany her but Mrs Hudson was out today, looking for a present for a friend.

"Perfect, come on, let's go." She fetched his coat and scarf off the coat stand and chucked it to him, "They don't stay open all day."

___________________________

They had spent hours at an independent dress shop that Elizabeth frequented for these kinds of events. She had probably spent half an hour just talking to the shop owner casually before they even tried on any dresses. Sherlock now understood why John said no gun. Being unable to do anything when waiting for Elizabeth was soul-sucking. He would do anything to just get out of here. Elizabeth knew the shop owner well enough to ask for her advice when picking a dress but that just meant that he had been sat in the waiting room for approximately:

"Two hours, thirty-six minutes and ten seconds." He groaned like an impatient child as he dramatically slid off of the chair.

How many red dresses could they possibly have? He'd do anything to just be back at the apartment now because this was just plain tedious. Part of him blamed Mycroft: had he not have said that she would stay with John and himself, this wouldn't be happening.

His eyes darted to the clock again - only a minute had passed since he last looked.

Sherlock stood up now, pacing. He'd even prefer human contact rather than this mind-numbing shopping trip. He took his phone out and found John on his contacts.

~Help me - SH~

~Why? Where's Elizabeth? - JW~

~Lost in the abyss of a changing room :( - SH~

~Are you sure she didn't run away? - JW~

The detectives head whipped up to the changing rooms and he paced over rapidly. He walked down the short aisle of stalls, which were only hidden by a curtain. He pulled each of the curtains open in search of Elizabeth. Thankfully, no other customers had come in here since they had so he knew he would only find Elizabeth if he just checked all -

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?" She shrieked, startling Sherlock, and pulled the curtain back over her half-bare body (she was only wearing her jeans) like lightning.

The shop owner, hurried out from another door, just beside the last changing room that she was in, with a bag in her hands. Sherlock backed away from a furious looking Elizabeth and a deeply confused looking shop owner.

"Well?" Elizabeth's stare practically burned holes into his soul as she awaited an explanation.

The detective ruffled the back of his curly hair slightly as he looked everywhere but Elizabeth.