Chapter One

~ ~ ~

This Story has been rewritten due to me not being completely comfortable with the previous plot-line. I think this story as a lot more depth and will be easier to write for in the future.

-Unedited-

~ ~ ~

"We have to keep moving. We can't stop now, we are so close." A woman whispers desperately. The red nightgown she is wearing is torn, the bottom of it barely covering her upper thigh. The jacket she has on, has a sleeve that is ripped down the side where she has a deep gash, blood still slowly leaking slowly down her arm.

She's struggling to continue moving, as she walks forward with every step she is almost tripping over her bare feet. Her right hand tightly grips the toddler's upper arm as they move through the cold dark forest.. In her left arm is another toddler that's covered in blood and is struggling to breathe, his body shaking with every breath he takes in.

The poor toddler's eyes are closed but his hands are gripping as tight as he can to his mothers shirt, his chest rising slowly but falling quickly. A sign that he is struggling to hold air in his lungs.

The woman is running out of options, both her boys aren't in any position to keep going. Her eye dart around the forest trying to find an escape, so she can manage to save all of their lives.

"Adrian, let's go," The mother says more sternly this time, pulling the toddlers arm. He huffs and continues walking, when suddenly the sound of loud malicious laughter fills the distance behind them.

Adrian doesn't understand the position that they are in, or why they are out here, but the sound of the laughter makes him feel uneasy. His lip begins to tremble as he begins to get ready to cry. He just wants to go home.

"Where are you Queenie? We just wanna pay your family back for the deaths of ours!" His voice is playful as it echo towards the queen and her two sons, but the evil intent is there. The mother quickly moves to shush the toddler as she sees him getting ready to cry.

With every sound she hears from the man getting closer to them, she can feel her heartbeat in her chest pumping blood through her body. She can't keep running, she's out of time and doesn't know where to go to.

The red haired woman pauses, her eyes shifting over to a over-sized bush covered in leaves and other foliage. She quickly decides to pull herself and her sons down into a bush. Trying to think of other options, the concerned mother looks down at her youngest son, Adrian, knowing that they won't able to ever out run them and tears begin to fill her eyes as she moves forward and puts her lips against his forehead.

"No matter what happens you need to stay here unless I come to get you." Her voice is stern and threatening. She tries to hide the tears that are trying to make her voice crack as she grabs onto the toddlers arm tightly.

She wants to make sure he knows she is serious.

"Do you understand Adrian?" She yanks his arm when his eyes look towards his injured brother, forcing his head to snap around to look back at her.

"Okay Mama," His voice is a whisper as their eyes make contact, he's young but he can feel the fear radiating off of her. He sits down in the bush, his legs crossed, showing his mom he's willing to listen to her.

The mother moves to place the identical toddler down beside Adrian, the boy's head being laid down in the other boy's lap, The mothers movements are jerky and her hands are shaking as she fully lays him down, moving to also place a small kiss on his forehead.