Chapter Four

*Not Edited*

When Parker returned, he was accompanied by a short older man with blonde hair. The man seemed to be irritated with Parker as he came into the room, holding a medium sized black bag.

Fiona, who was now crying, was holding the young child in her arms, rocking back and forth on the bed. Adrian, who has yet to say a word to her, is sitting beside her with two small pieces of bread, one he was eating himself- and the other, he seemed to be saving.

"Jasper" Fiona managed to hiccup out pass her tears, "Please help him" She begged him and the old man glanced quickly at the unresponsive boy.

"Parker, grab me six eggs" Jasper ordered quickly, grabbing a pair of gloves out of his bag.

"What? Why?" Parker asked confused.

"Don't question me child, I helped your mother give birth to you. Go get the eggs, and a bowl" Jasper snapped at Parker, moving to take the small boy from Fiona and laying him on his stomach.

Parker didn't bother to say anything else, he just moved into the kitchen and opened the cupboard to grab the six eggs, and a wooden bowl and took them back to the doctor.

Jasper took the eggs quickly and placed them on the bed beside the boy.

Jasper cracked the eggs open, and let the yolks slip into the bowl and took the shells and began to peel off the membrane that's coating the inside of the egg shell.

Jasper took the membrane and began to lay it over the cut on Alexander's back, the membrane working as a band-aid to hold the skin together.

He continued to do this for twenty minutes, making sure the membrane was secure before ordering Parker to fetch him a bucket of water and a cloth.

Jasper starts cleaning off the blood noticing that most of the cuts were minor except for the one on his back, patching up any bigger ones with the egg membrane. Once Jasper is done looking over the cuts, he gently takes hold of the boys arm that's bent out of shape and frowns slightly.

"Yeah looks like this is broken." He mumbles. "This is gonna hurt son- Hopefully you're too out of it to feel it."

"Parker grab an old shirt and two sticks- We are going to have to make due for the moment."

Once Jasper has received the two sticks, He takes hold of the boys arm once again but this time a loud crack feels the air followed by the boys scream, woken in pain Alexander is now screaming crying, fighting Parker and Jasper as they reset his bones into the correct position.

Jasper ends by placing the two sticks on either side of the boys arm and then wrapping it with the shirt he had Parker tear up into somewhat thick strips.

"Alright lay him on his stomach- I'm going to attempt to stitch that cut now that the egg has dried" Jasper claims and Alexander begins to scream louder trying to push away the hands of Parker and Fiona as they try to turn him onto his stomach.

Jasper spends hours stitching up the boys wound listening to him scream and cry over and over again as Fiona and Parker had to keep him held down.

Adrian never made a sound, he only tried to comfort Alexander by petting his hair.

"Alright I'm done" Jasper sighs in relief, looking over to the distressed couple, who was still trying to comfort the young child.

"He's going to be okay- Keep an eye on the stitches so they don't rip- wash them every day- as for the arm- I'll come back in 3 weeks to look at it but really you could take him over to the city by the coast they have excellent doctors there with actual medicine and mac-" Jasper starts but Parker just shakes his head.

"We don't have enough rations to make that Journey and with winter coming up we need to save all that we have" Parker lies and Jasper just agrees his eyes darting over to the boys.

"I understand- I wouldn't want to get caught with fugitives either" He sighs and Fiona quickly goes to grab his arm.

"Please don't tell anyone" She whispers the tears that had been building up all night falling down her face.

"The Flame Family were the best royals we've ever had- Kelian can go to hell" Jasper says quietly. "Just make sure you find a way to hide the Royal Mark and dye their hair to match yours- Hopefully one day the Flame will retake the throne"

And With those words of wisdom Jasper leaves the cabin- Leaving Fiona and Parker to figure out how to raise two toddlers- as well as hide them away from the world.

Jasper might want them to reclaim the throne- but Fiona and Parker want nothing more for them to grow up as normal children.