"He's already on his way, my Lady. It would be disappointing for the Lord to go back. Now, if you may let me, I will take my leave and make preparations for tonight's supper," Jaehyun bows down formally, waiting for your permission. You press your lips together and mumble a yes. Jaehyun smiles at you and without even a second glance, turns to walk away. You play around with your tart for a while.

"The devil's a hot mess to deal with," you hear Jaehyun's voice and you look up. "I hope you do remember what you sign for, my Lady."

"And I do hope you realise what your Lady wants, Jaehyun."

He throws his head back gently in a deep toned laughter and walks away, leaving you dazed. Damn, that devil.

And when Taeyong comes over, you try your best to look happy. Jaehyun  stands right behind you. Your fiancé kneels and holds your hand in his, gently kissing your knuckles, "My love."

"My Lord, it's been a long time since you've come over. Is anything the matter?" Taeyong stands up, still holding your hand.

"I just missed you, love. Is that too wrong?" Taeyong tilts his head and gives you a closed eye smile.

"I guess not," you mumble. You pull your hand from his grip and look away, trying your best to look shy which would be the apt response to the current scenario.

"You're still as cute as ever, love," Taeyong takes a step closer and kisses your cheek. Your eyes subconsciously move back to look at Jaehyun. However, your butler stood straight and confident behind you with a teasingly small smile playing on his lips.

"I hope you'll stay the night, my Lord. We have made preparations for your stay here tonight," Jaehyun informed and you looked at him, hoping he never should have uttered those words.

"Staying the night?" Taeyong says. He cups your face and kisses your forehead. "I could stay the night."

"In the guest room, of course," Jaehyun adds and you see a reaction in the devil finally. His eyes has narrowed their gaze at Taeyong who had his attention fixated on you.

"Why?" Taeyong whines as he drifts his gaze on to your butler. "I can stay with her. She's my fiancé after all."

"That would be up to my Lady, Lord," Jaehyun politely responds. However, that biting of his tongue does not fail to be noticed by you.

"I–"

"Wouldn't you like your Lord spending the night with you, love?" Taeyong raises an eyebrow. He caresses your hair, his hand trailing to push the hair away from your left eye. You take a step back instinctively while Jaehyun quickly holds Taeyong's hand.

"Why does your butler act like this, love?" Taeyong sounds irked. You bite your lower lip nervously and run a hand through your hair to set it.

"He only intends to protect me at every point."

"Does he regard me as some sort of threat?"

Jaehyun scoffs behind you, audible only to your ears and you press your lips together, "Of course not. I'll stay the night with you, my Lord. Do not fret."

Jaehyun stares at you and you look down, embarrassed. By contract, your soul was the devil's. It is the fact that by your knowledge now, your heart belongs to the devil, that left you flustered.

"We'll have supper now. Show the Lord to the dining room, Jaehyun," you order.

"Yes, my Lady."

Taeyong kisses your cheek again and buries his head into your neck for a split second, "You make my night, love."