I gripped her upper arm and turned her to face me. I smiled thinly when I saw the alarm in her lovely green eyes. "You do know very well that I will pay ten times a king's ransom just for you to be safe, Sapphire."

She tried to remove her hand from my touch but I held her fast. "Let go of me!"

"I already did that once and it turns out to be the biggest mistake I did in my life," I informed her nonchalantly.

The ice was back in her eyes at the mentioning of the past. "Go away, Mr. Spiridakou. I don't need you to hang around me anymore." She gave a sideways glance to the seller and muttered to me. "We parted ways years ago."

"Are we back to the formal thing again, agapiméni?" I demanded, looking deeply into her defiant eyes. "It's Loukas. Say it, say my name, Sapphire."

"No." She said stubbornly, using such force to release herself from my grip. She eyed me furiously before marching away from me.

I took a deep breath and followed her. I hastened my pace to keep up with her stride once I keep up on her I held her hand. The glare she'd sent on me was enough to kill an average man but I just keep her hand in mine however she struggled to be free.

"What do you think you are doing?" She hissed softly, her pretty eyes glinted angrily under the Greek sun.

I looked down at her with a smirk on my face. We already did this in the past a couple of times without fighting like now. "Helping my ex-wife to shop around the souk, what else? If I remember correctly she's a fan of the flea market. She always take me to this kind of place before."

"Save your sarcasm to someone else who will appreciate them." She said acidly, still struggling to be from my touch. "And stop bringing up the past. I don't wish to revisit our disastrous marriage."

"Ah, but it's worth revisiting, don't you think?"

"No."

"That's a pity, then," I answered, looking at the busy streets of our surroundings. "I thought what we had back then was almost perfect, Sapphire."

I heard her signed deeply. "Look, I need to go..."

I pulled her closer to my body until she was plastered on me in the middle of the cobbled street. "Didn't I tell you that I will not let you go again?"

"Why are you doing this to me?" She asked almost close to a whisper. "Don't you think that you are a little too late for that, Loukas? Our time had already passed I think we both should move on from that bitter chapter of our lives."

From the perspective of the onlookers, we probably look like we were on our honeymoon being romantic in the middle of the street they have no idea that we were talking about our divorce. "For two years I bid my time patiently waiting for you to tell me what went wrong, my dear one. But I already reach my patience this time I will press the issue and I let everything on open."

"Please..." My ex-wife almost begged, her pretty eyes filled with hidden emotion. "...don't dig on the past let it laid to rest where it belongs."

"I can't."

She exhaled deeply, glancing discreetly at the people around giving us the curious look, creating good distance between us. "Don't be stubborn, Loukas. We both know that this is not going anywhere. We are meant to take different paths."

"I beg to disagree, agapiméni." I cupped the curve of her face with my palm. "Look at me and say it to my face that is what you want."

"We are meant to take different paths." She said, looking straight into my eyes but I couldn't miss the way her lips quiver that's when I realized that she wasn't quite telling the truth. "We are not the same people as before."

"You are lying, my love," I told her ruthlessly. "I can see in your eyes that you don't really mean what you just had said."

She looked away, crossing her arms around her stomach as if protecting herself. "Go away and leave me alone, please. Go and marry someone else—someone who is fitting to be a good Greek wife for you."

"Ah, but that's the problem, Sapphire. I don't like any other woman to be my bride. I want the old one—the one that I lost two years ago."

I heard her exhaled heavy breath, her green eyes filled with anguish. "I told you—"

"I also told you..." I cut her off, staring deep in her lovely face now swirled with different emotions. "I will make you mine again. This time I will not let you go that easily."

"You are making a mistake here." She announced, lowering her thick lashes so I couldn't see any emotion in her eyes. "You will regret this in the future."

"But I already regret my decision to let you leave me in the past. I already learned my mistake and this time I will not repeat that error."

She sighed in resignation. "Do what you want but we are not getting back together. I am done with this thing."

I threw a goading smile in her direction as I pulled her into the small alley at the corner of the street. "Believe me, I will. You know how persuasive I can be when I want, agapiméni." I cradled her face with my hands. "Now to seal my promise."

"Don't...." She gasped when I slowly lowered my head to claim those lovely lips I've been dying to taste since yesterday. The moment my lips touched hers it was like a homecoming. I carefully tested her resistance giving her tiny kisses in between until I couldn't hold back anymore and take the kiss to the more intimate level.

I deepened the kiss, changing the angle of the kiss so I could get better access to her mouth. I heard her whimper as she placed her hands on my shoulder probably for support. I played and teased her mouth until she started kissing me back with such passion.

I pulled her even closer to my body until my shaft grind to her pelvic. I pushed her to the wall and demand more access to her mouth. I didn't realize how thirsty I was until I had the taste of her lips again.

"Loukas..." She started, tearing her mouth away from mine.

"In a moment," I answered hoarsely, taking her mouth once again. I don't think I would be able to stop myself anytime soon. "God, how I miss you..." I said in her mouth between kisses.

I just heard her moan from the pleasure and dig her fingers on my back. "We...need...to...stop..."

I didn't bother to answer her and just continue to take possession of her mouth like a man who had been starving all of his life. And at that moment I realized that this was Sapphire St. Clair belonged in my arms forever.

There's no way I would let her go ever again. I would rather die than going to repeat the same pain I've felt when she first walked out of our marriage.