「8」

"Sorry, I can't accompany you for a while..." Minji whispered to Jin as they sat beside each other for their weekly company meeting.

Jin tried to hide the disappointment in his face and nodded. "Is it because your boyfriend got mad that you didn't go home?"

"Boyfriend?" Minji wanted to deny it but she instantly remembered her lie, "oh yes! He was quite mad. But don't worry though, he understood the reason I stayed overnight..." she mumbled through every word, trying to maintain this lie as realistic as possible.

Jin kept staring at Minji. That night when her boyfriend called her, he felt a tiny bit jealous... He wondered whether being friends was truly enough. Sure, she intrigued him but was that reason enough for him to like her? Plus, it's only been a few weeks since they've gotten to know each other so he tried to convince himself that he just wasn't used to someone like her. Trying to deny his growing feelings, he set aside these thoughts for now. Jin ruffled Minji's hair to distract himself, which caught her by surprise.

"What was that for?!" Minji blurted out as she fixed her hair again.

"SHHH!" One of the staff shushed Minji and she went completely red.

Jin laughed at her that caused Minji to playfully hit his arm. "That's payback."

———

After work, Jin wanted to ask Minji about letting him walk her home. This was the least he could do to spend time with her and to keep her safe. He saw Minji exiting the building but he stopped in his tracks when she clung to some guy's arm.

"Oppa!~ did you wait long?" Minji cheerfully greeted the guy. Jin couldn't avert his eyes from the scene. It was a Minji that he hasn't seen before...

"She really does have a boyfriend!" Taehyung swung his arm across Jin's shoulder. "Minji-noona seems like a different person around him... Aww, I'm jealous!"

"Knock it off, I don't care what her life outside work is..." Jin shrugged off Taehyung's arm and proceeded to walk out, secretly trailing the couple.

"Hyung, so what's your next plan?" Jimin sneaks in between Taehyung and Jin.

"I suggest we show Minji what a better man you are!" Yoongi chimmed in as he squished between Jin and Jimin.

Jin was surprised when all of the members were now walking with him, tailing Minji and her boyfriend. The pair in front, completely oblivious to what was happening. They all paid attention to how Minji seemed so comfortable around the guy compared to her air around them.

"C'mon let's go home, there's no use in following them..." Jin suggested.