「5」

"Ya got everything you need?" Minwoo lifted the last box of Minji's stuff out of the truck. It's been only a week after PD nim had asked Minji to move in to one of the apartment suites. And here she was, stacking the boxes of her belongings, one by one. Begrudgingly...

"I think this is everything, but just one question...

...WHY ARE YOU MOVING WITH ME?"

"It wasn't my choice. Ask mom..." Minwoo shrugged his shoulders as he simply dismissed the case.

Minji could only sigh as she watched her brother unpack his clothes. A few days before she had to move, she quickly made a call to the company to ask if someone can live with her and without further questions, they immediately agreed. What a lenient company indeed...

"Just so you know, I don't want anyone to see us together, no one in the company should know that we're siblings..."

Minwoo passively nodded but he reminded Minji that if she's working late at night, she needs to text or call him so he could pick her up.

"But, the company is just a few blocks from here!" Minji argued.

"Dad's orders... deal with it."

...

The group had been practicing for hours when Minji finally showed up. The first person to notice her coming in the practice room was Jin and when they both accidentally locked gazes, Jin pretended to get hurt.

"Wah! My leg hurts! Minji, please come help me!" Jin acted as if he was dying as he held on to his leg. The other guys were startled at first, but they didn't bother with him and they continued polishing their choreography.

Minji smirked, "don't worry, you still got another leg. You'll live through it..." She walked past Jin and set their lunches on the table.

All the boys laughed, as well as the staff. If there was one thing that she loved about this company, it's that she can be herself. With no boundaries and strict rules stopping her from dissing her 'employer'.

The day went on and since Minji had to be their manager, she had to run errands and answer calls from different companies requesting the group's appearance to their program.

I really don't have a background in business affairs and I'm just winging every appointment. Minji kept wondering why she decided to keep the job. The pay was indeed good but was it all worth it?

As soon as she got the schedules all set, she received various texts from each of the guys: telling her that they were done for the day and are heading to a korean bbq restaurant to eat. She read each message but one person didn't bother sending her a text... he's usually the first one to text me about his plans. I should check the practice room just to make sure...

Minji quietly peeked through the small window of the room and there she saw him: Jin was all alone in the room recalling the choreography, step-by-step.

She watched every movement he made. Every time he danced to the tune of their songs, Minji couldn't help but be in awe. He was giving out his best and she admired people who are earnest in every thing they do. Minji had seen him "secretly" practicing after all the others went home and she made sure that he was not aware about this.

Minji could've continued watching him as usual but she immediately ran inside the room when Jin fell to the floor, his legs shaking. "Jin! Are you okay?"

Jin looked up to her with a faint smile, "oh hey, I thought you went home already..." he clung to her shoulders as she tried to lift him up from the floor.

She set him down a chair and grabbed a towel to wipe off his sweat, "What were you doing here all alone? What if I wasn't here when this happened?" Although she knew how hard he was practicing, Minji didn't want to let him know that someone was watching him from afar.

"But you found me, right Minji?" Jin held on to the hand Minji was using to wipe his forehead.

She didn't know what got into her that she let him rest his hand over hers. She was comfortable with his touch, his whole presence. Maybe he wasn't so bad afterall. But her pride wouldn't let her admit to any of these feelings.

"Hey you better eat something then..." Minji suggested.

When Jin was strong enough to walk, they went to a kitchen to grab a spare set of dinner from the fridge for him to eat.

"Oh this is such a perfect steak!" Jin immediately munched on the piece of meat without hesitation. He watched as Minji picked up a supplemental nutrition drink and he immediately took it away from her. "What the heck is this???"

Minji reached for the bottle but Jin held it way higher than her. "That's obviously my dinner in your hands, hyung!"

Jin looked disgusted as he peered into the contents of the bottle and as he stared at Minji's cute struggle to reach for it, an idea suddenly came to his mind. "Well how about we make a deal?"

Minji definitely didn't like the sneer on Jin's face but she was too tired to argue any further, "Fine... what do you want?"

He smiled at her innocently, "Accompany me while I practice to get better, just like today. In exchange, I'll cook food for you and let you taste real food!"

Minji thought about what the other guys said about Jin's cooking.

"Jin hyung is the best cook in Korea! You'll never get tired of eating his food!"

"You know what, you've got yourself a partner in crime..."

...
Her Love: Thanks for the food.
His Love: Thanks for being by my side.

Her Lie: I should quit this job soon...
His Lie: I didn't know she was watching me...