「6」

"Minji why didn't you text me when you were done with work?" Jinwoo angrily stormed inside the apartment as Minji stayed lying on the couch, exhausted from all the things that happened at work.

She lazily replied, "My co-worker dropped me off today since he stayed late..."

Jinwoo raised his eyebrow, "You've got 7 guys as co-workers, speak up... Who's the unlucky guy you got in the palm of your hands, sis?"

"Oppa.... why can't you just shut up!" She threw a pillow and it hit him perfectly in the face.

"Just kidding! Here, have some ramen. I know you probably drank those disgusting stuff as dinner..."

Minji smiled, "no thanks, I just ate a proper meal. I wouldn't want to upset my stomach." She laughed as she remembered how happy Jin's face lit up when she agreed to his deal.

Jinwoo found it creepy that his sister started giggling and it was even more unusual for her to even eat dinner. "Be careful on falling for them, I know I got you the job but... You, out of all people, should know the risks in mixing your personal life to your work..."

The smile on Minji's face slowly fade as she felt irritated by how low her brother thought of her, "I don't feel that way over Jin! He's just someone that I came to be friends with!"

"Hmmm~ so the unfortunate guy's name is Jin huh? I'll search up how he looks like later. I bet there's a lot of fansites that got his aesthetically pleasing photos..." Jinwoo smirked and ran to his room, leaving a flushed-face Minji wondering why did Jin's name slipped out her thoughts.

~~~

Morning came and Minji got a text from Jin asking her if she's ready to go to the company. Unusual...

Nonetheless, she quickly got up and went to take a shower.

Once she got dressed, she heard a knock on her door. "Ya need me to walk you to the company?" Her brother chimmed as he peeked through her bedroom door.

Minji continued to get her stuff ready for today, "no thanks, I'll find my way there perfectly fine!" She quickly paced through the hallway and searched for her sneakers.

Jinwoo grew suspicious and so he teased her, "Be careful on the way there with Kim Seokjin..." He handed her the bag as Minji annoyingly took it from him.

"Don't act like that. I told you, Jin hyung and I are nothing more than co-workers..." Her heart felt heavy as she said those words.

"Whatever, just text me once you get done with work. Dad reminded me to watch out for my clumsy little sister." Before Jinwoo could close the door, Minji managed to throw her slippers at him.

"I think you're clumsier, oppa..."

~~

"Why do you look annoyed so early in the morning?" Asked Jin as he greeted Minji down the main floor. Minji's frown slowly disappeared when she started talking to him. They met up at the dorm lobby and Minji noticed that he was carrying a bag of bread that surprisingly smelled good.

Jin noticed her eyeing the bag he was carrying. He grinned at her, reached for a piece of bread, and offered it to her. "Want a bite?"

She hesitantly bit off a small piece as Jin continued to held it up for her. He laughed at this which made Minji blush.

"I thought you were going to get it from my hands but feeding you is quite nice too..." he finished eating the remaining bread and hang his arm loosely around Minji's shoulders.

She quickly brushed off his arm and Jin seemed shocked. And hurt...

"I know fans won't know your dorm address, but I don't think it's a good idea to be overly friendly with a girl." She needed a reason for her actions in order not to see his hurt expression.

His pout faded and was quickly replaced by his usual energetic grin. "You've got a point there. Well, we better head to work while it's still early!" Although Minji specifically asked him not to be overly touchy, Jin still ended up grabbing her wrist and they both brisk walked to work.

~~

"Hyung! Noona! You're finally here." They were both greeted by a bored Jimin. He excitedly came to hug Minji, which didn't seem to bother her the same way as Jin.

He swung his arm around Jimin's neck and pulled him away from her. "Alright now, Minji needs to do some work and we need to practice now." He glanced back at her and silently mouthed, "see you later!"

Minji nodded and waved at them as they split up.

~~

Afternoon came and both Minji and Jin had a wide grin plastered on their faces. Jin had asked the members to go home without him, while Minji rushed back to the practice room as soon as she was done with her job.

She peeked through the glass door and saw Jin was motioning for her to come in. She slowly opened the door and Jin told her she can eat the pasta he cooked earlier.

"I'll wait til you're done practicing. It seems kinda rude if I eat while you suffer there alone." Minji politely said.

"I'm surprised that you can resist my cooking but I appreciate the thought. Thank you, Minmin!" Jin happily exclaimed.

"Wait... MINMIN?!" She felt her cheeks heat up but she denied feeling happy about this.

Jin winked at her and laughed out loud. He has that distinct laugh which makes someone automatically smile and Minji had to stop herself from giving any reaction in order to not feed his ego.

"Since it's just you and me here, we can be relaxed  around each other right, Minmin?" He winked at her and proceeded to do some warm up exercises.

Minji covered her cheeks so he wouldn't notice her blushing at his words. "Don't expect me to call you by a pet name though..." she walked away from him, hoping that she could recollect her widly beating heart.

"Why are you so guarded around guys? Around me?" Jin reached out for her wrist, he wanted to know what's keeping the distance between them.

"Be careful on falling for them..." Jinwoo's words kept echoing on Minji's thought. Her next words completely shocked Jin. "It's because..."

"I have a boyfriend."

...

Her Love: He called me Minmin...
His Love: Minmin is cute!

Her Lie: "I have a boyfriend."
His Lie: I'm not disappointed that she has a boyfriend...