Chapter 4

Walking through the halls of this mansion last night, i realized that almost all Costello men had a black and a white wife, like some type of tradition, I realized I was here to hold up a tradition. The First Costello married a black woman first before a white woman, Jeffrey the Butler told me. Meo was Mr Costello's first child, he is also married to a black woman who is currently in Paris for relaxation, Giselle is the second child of Mr Costello also born from the black woman, she's in her second year in college, Matteo and Pirrano were born the same year, the same day, some erotic shit must of happened because both women conceived the same day! Spooky!!! Mr Costello must be... hmm hmm, they are both in the Senior year, I'll be joking them,Arabella the baby of the house is in junior year.
I saw a lot of achievements from these rich kids, awards everywhere, I'm not being judgmental but the amount of time they spend on their gadgets just the little time I was with them...how??
     Pulling on a white crop tee on my red bikers shorts, i pulled on my ragged looking sneakers, the white was already off white, but I have no better footwear, I'm not sure i can put on slippers to an elite school.
I wonder if they put on uniforms like in the movies.
I grabbed my duffel bag, stepped out of the room and shut the door behind me.
"I'm ready!" I called out as I joined the trio in the living room.
"Uh...we going shopping after school Devina..." someone said behind me, I turned a bit embarrassed, Giselle. First words she's said to me.
"Oh okay." Was my reply.
Nobody said anything to me as We walked towards a yellow Lamborghini, Parrino got behind the wheel, Arabella got the shotgun, I sat behind with Matteo.
"Morning Caro..." he finally said to me, too close, yes too close like his nose was touching mine.
"My name's Devina actually " I corrected. He laughed, oh my days! Dimples...
"I know caro..." he answered. It was kind of weird how he had thick Italian accent.
"Matteo, back off fool." Parrino scowled at him through the rear view.
"Not like you care bro." Matteo said and burst into a laugh before ignoring my existence and typed away on his phone. They were using iPhone Xmax I couldn't even pull out my techno p5 so I focused on the road.
       On getting here, everyone abandoned me like I'm meant to know everyone and everything. You could tell they were all rich snobby kids, walking all prissy and stuff. I had to get forms myself, since I didn't have to write any transfer exam or stuff, I mean...imagine!  This is how rich people benefit. Anyways, I got through the first half of the day.
"Hey newbie." A red haired guy said stepping in front of me. He was pretty cute, I could feel my face get hot. I hope he isn't a bully.
"Hi..." I replied, tucking my hair behind my ear.
He gave me that cute boyish smile.
"I'm Smith Gardner, what's your name beautiful?"
"Davina. Davina Houston." I responded smiling from ear to ear. This is the first person to be nice to me all day.
"Like Whitney?"
"Oh please! I wish..." I laughed.
"Well, I noticed you passing a few times and boy your sneakers are so cool. It's like a mock of this whole system."
"Is that a complement?" I really was unsure... How was I supposed to respond to that?
"Yes beautiful. Welcome to Wonderland."
"Thank you Smith."
"Yeah thank you Smith..." a curt voice said behind me, from the light Italian slur I could tell it was my 'boyfriend '.
"Oh what's up Parrino?" He said looking at Parrino like they were mortal enemies.
Parrino didn't respond, Smith blew me a kiss and walked away.
"Flirting in your first day? You move fast." He sneered.
This dude! He ignored me all day even in class, busy with his girlfriend, Sophia I think is the name.
Yeah, he, Matteo, Sophia were in my classes.
"Is this her?" Sophia asked coming over.
"Yes it is. Davina meet my girlfriend Sophia, Sophia my paper woman, Davina." He introduced.
"Paper woman?" I asked cocking my head to the side. I knew what it meant but to say it like that? I mean you could just save me the embarrassment that my parents practically sold me and say we are friends.
Sophia laughed and cooed "Don't worry child... I know your story." She said. How humiliating. I smiled at her, i mean what else can i do? I already look like a hood rat in the school. Few more hours and I'm done for today. I walked away making eye contact with Matteo who was a few feet away, a short white girl hanging on his arm.
From the gossips I picked and stuff, the Costellos were the second  richest in the school next to a Rael Bianchi.
       I slumped on my bed after a long day, I learned a lot of things today. I also made two friends, Smith and Madeline. Madeline is kinda the gossip type. Smith I think is interested in me. I don't mind. Haha. Which reminds me, I should call my boyfriend. He's been mad at me since Friday because he didn't see me before I moved.
Madeline told me Smith and Parrino are not friends because Parrino paid a gang to gang bang Smith's girlfriend who was rude to Sophia or something. The law overlooked the case because of who the Costellos were. She also told me Rael Bianchi and Parrino Costello were best friends and Matteo Costello was a fuck boy and is leader of the Black Clan, the Black Clan is a group of hot black Boys. You should see them when they are walking pass. Totally a mini orgasmic party for the ladies. Arabella is a main bitch, yup this is the family I've been signed to. 
Madeline and Smith's face when I got into the Lamborghini with the Costellos after school. Scratch that, almost everyone had the same face. This time Matteo was behind the wheel and Parrino sat with me in the back seat arm around my shoulder, after ignoring me all day except that one time. 
"Why you talking to Smith?" He had asked me.
"Is there a reason I shouldn't?" I had retorted.
"Yes Miss Sassy, there's thousands of reasons you shouldn't." He had yelled at me as Matteo pulled out of the parking spot.
Long story short, I told him he doesn't control my life, he told me he did since his father is paying. Yeah let's just say he put me in my place, which is a bad place. No one interfered, the ride was silent, too silent. 
"Davina!!! Let's go shopping!" Giselle yelled excitedly running, she stopped in front of my room.
"Davina!" She called in a sing song voice.
Atleast someone in this house genuinely likes me.