"OK... Great... because it would suck not to have you around"

"Peter Maximus Logan I would hug you right now if we weren't in a car. I knew you guys could not live without me" I utter while Adrian rolls his eyes

I quickly say goodbye to my brothers as we reach the Alpha's house and head straight to his office. The guards greet me politely and open the door for me. I smile kindly and walk pass them to get inside.

"Hello Dawn. Please take a sit." My Alpha acknowledges me from where he is standing in front of his window. He seems deep in thought and I feel kinda awkward for disturbing him. I make my way and sit on one of the chairs across from his desk. He walks slowly towards me and sits down as well.

"I am guessing you have something to share with me since you called for a meeting?" He asks getting straight to the point

"I did what you asked me to. I went over all the police files with Mr. Mateo Devera's name on them but unfortunately there was nothing sketchy on them that could be used against him.  I brought you the data so you could check them yourself."

"I knew it was a long shot anyway. Most of my best investigators came up also with nothing. Maybe I should just take his word for it. He is Fernando's son after all. How bad can he be...? And he is in the same situation as my own son, Jonathan. He is a mateless wolf and he needs our help..." he pauses looking very serious" Thank you Dawn. I know you risked your own career to gain this information"

I shrug my shoulders dismissively "It was not a big deal. Besides, Grace helped me." I reply simply

"Then, thank her on my behalf.  I am really proud of the way you girls take matters on your own hands not depending on your mates or parents" Alpha Christopher remarks and I smile at him widely.

"I will...and thanks... I need to get going now, too much to study. Have a nice day" I wish him and stand up. He smiles waving at me and I take that as my cue to leave.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

The next day passes in a blur since I spend it studying for my upcoming exams and before I knew it it was already Saturday, aka my sister's birthday. I called her yesterday and explained to her that I wanted us to visit the local mall in order for me to buy her a dress as a gift. Jenna decided to take the entire day-off. Therefore, our plan for her surprise party was going perfectly.

We were currently in one of our favorite stores, both trying on clothes that we liked and having a great time. At some point I picked a few <grandma clothes> and started putting them on just to see Jenna burst out in laugh.

I could not believe my baby sister was turning 18 today. From now on she would be able to find her mate and start her own life and I knew how important that was for her.

After hours of shopping I suggested we grab something to eat at McDonalds. I was hungry as hell and really needed to sit down for a while and eat.

Jenna sits right next to me and a huge smile is plastered on her face. "Omg... I don't think I have laughed this hard since we were kids and pranked our brothers on a daily basis. Today was awesome, Dawn. Very relaxing... so thank you"

I nod, amused, fully aware of the crazy preparations that take place in our house for her upcoming surprise birthday party.

"Of course, sis. I knew we both needed a day-off so this was perfect. I am glad you had fun."

We were just finishing up with our lunch when I got a text from my mom informing me that everything was settled and I could bring Jenna home. We were pretty exhausted on the ride back to our house but I was sure that once Jenna saw everyone that came together for her, she would be full on energy again.

Just as I parked the car in our drive way we heard a lot of voices from inside. Jenna looked at me confused and I shrugged my shoulders as if I had no idea what was going on. We walked slowly towards the entrance, me purposely one step behind her, just to make sure that she would be the one opening the door.

Jenna opened the door and everyone screamed "surprise" at the top of their lungs. The whole thing had me dying out of laughter and my sister seemed overwhelmed with emotion. There was a huge smile plastered on her face and she clearly did not suspect anything. Jenna swiftly started walking around the house, hugging and thanking everyone.

Just as I stepped inside and closed the door, a loud roar echoed through our house and made us all hitch a breath. Everyone grew silent and focused their attention on our Future Alpha, Jonathan. He was standing in front of our fireplace, right next to his parents, and had a weird look on his face. His father, Alpha Christopher, got a hold of his arm and whispered something to his son's ear.

Honestly, Jonathan seemed a bit crazy; his eyes dark, as if someone had put a spell on him.  He inhaled slowly and his eyes returned back to normal.  He took a few steps, approaching my sister gently, until she raised her eyes to meet his.

He looked at her as if she was the only girl in the world, as if he had been blind for years and now he could finally see.

Therefore, I was not really surprised when he whispered the one word he was so anxious to use for so many years.

"Mate".

A/N. Jenna+Jonathan--> Jenathan???
I suck at making up ship names 😅
Please vote+comment✌