Ch. 27: Reunited Again

Start from the beginning

He knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer the door. Joker was getting impatient, so he held Jessie close to him and kicked in the door. "What the Hell, Clown?!" "Where's Harley, Plant?!" "Waaahhh!" "Why do you have a baby with you?" "That's none of your business! Now where's Harley's?!" "Puddin'?" "Hi, honey." "Did I hear a baby crying?" "No, darling." "Yes, you did, Harls."  "No, she didn't PLANT!"  With all the yelling going on, Jessie began to cry. "Shh... baby girl. Did the mean ol' plant scare you? Daddy won't let her near you. No, he won't." He cooed softly. "Puddin'? Is that what I think it is?" "Yes, Harley. It's a baby. I was thinking it over and I want you to be happy." "Oh, Puddin'. I love ya." "I know." (Time skip to home)  "Daddy?" "Hmm?" "Why does this baby look like Jessie?" "That's a long story, Harley. Now let's get our lil clown ready for bed." 

Harley POV: "Our. Not my, but our. Our baby. I can't believe that Mr. J said "our." Normally he would say "his or my" but this time he said our lil clown. I watched him playing with our new lil clown, I smiled at the sight. I never saw him this happy before, actually, I never saw him happy or act like a normal father." (End of POV)  "Okay lil clown. Daddy and Mommy are going to give ya a little bath." Joker cooed at Jessie. He placed her in the bathtub and the king and queen bathed their little princess.  After Jessie was ready for bed, Joker ordered Frost and the others to go out and get all the needed baby necessities and place everything in the room where Jessie's old nursery used to be. Of course, it was going to be in one of her daddy's favorite colors, which was purple.  Harley lay on the bed with Jessie, who was fast asleep in the middle, waiting for Joker to come into the bed. "Puddin'? Can I ask you a question?" "Of course my queen. Ask away." "How do you know that this baby is Jessie?" "Well I'm like an elephant, I never forget. Plus I kept her baby pictures and I know that this lil baby girl is my- I mean our Jessie." He said. Just then Jessie was getting cold and began to whimper. "Shh... lil clown. Daddy and Mommy are here." He cooed as Harley got a blanket to keep her newborn daughter warm. "There we are. All nice and warm." Harley cooed as she laid Jessie back in her spot.  As they played with their new little princess, Joker sensed something had been bothering his queen. "Harley? About what I said. I- uh really didn't mean anything by it. I was just in the heat of the moment. So ya know." He said. Harley knew that Joker was trying to apologize for what he said before but she knew that this was the closest thing to an apology that she was going to get.  "It's okay Puddin'. I'm sorry too. I wasn't being fair to you. Forgive me?" "Hmm? I guess I can." He said playfully.  A little later, Frost and the guys returned home and began to set up the new nursery for Jessie. 

Once the new nursery was completed, Frost went to inform Joker about the nursery

Once the new nursery was completed, Frost went to inform Joker about the nursery. He knocked on their bedroom door and waited for his boss, but Harley answered the door. "Shh... J and Jessie are asleep." She said in a whisper, so she wouldn't wake up the two loves of her life.  "Sorry, Ms. Quinn. I just wanted to the boss know that the nursery is completed." "I'll let him know Frosty. Thanks." "No problem Ms. Quinn. Is there anything you need?" "No thank you, Frosty. I'm good." She said. "Alright. Goodnight, Ms. Quinn." "Goodnight Frosty." She said as she closed the door and got back in the bed. She looked at Joker and Jessie's sleeping forms and smiled. "Goodnight Puddin'. Goodnight Jessie.  I love you both so much." She said as she drifted off to sleep and thought about her life as a mommy. 

As time passed, Jessie was just a few weeks old, when Harley had some exciting news to tell Joker and Jessie. She was looking for them when she heard giggling coming from Jessie's nursery. She peeped inside and saw Joker playing peek-a-boo with Jessie. He was standing over her crib and talking his sweet baby talk to her. "Where's Daddy, Jessie? Where is he? Peek-a-boo! I see you." He cooed. Jessie was getting hungry, so she grabbed her daddy's shirt and tried to eat it. "Silly girl. That's not for you, that's yucky. Daddy will get you something yummy to fill that lil tummy." He cooed. Joker carried Jessie downstairs to the kitchen and made her something to eat. Harley came into the kitchen holding something behind her back. "Hiya Daddy and my sweet baby girl. I have some exciting news to tell ya." She said. "Well, what is it, baby?" "I'm pregnant!" She said as Joker fainted. Jessie began to cry for her daddy had taken her food away as he fainted. "Frosty! Mistah J fainted!" Harley yelled as she tried to comfort Jessie. "Daddy's okay, Jessie. He's okay." She cooed as she saw her make-grabby hands at her baby food. "Don't worry, sweetie. Mommy will get ya some more food." She cooed as Bud and Lou licked up the baby food that was on the floor and Frost cleaned up Joker and place him in a chair. "Boss? Boss? Are you okay?" "(Groans) What the hell happened and is Jessie alright?" "Yeah, she and Ms. Quinn are good. Well, sir, Harley said that she was pregnant and you just passed out, sir." Frost said. "I'm going to be a daddy again? MY LEGACY CONTINUES! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Ya hear that Gotham! There's going another clown prince/princess of crime!" He yelled from the balcony of his mansion.