Michael Gray - 'I Just Want To Help'

As you looked up the hill, you could see Michael leaning on the cross, that had been put there in memory of John. His head was in his hands, as body shook from the tears that were cascading down his face.

Michael had often kept going to the cross, sitting there for hours and not telling anyone he was there. It was as if he blamed himself, for the death of John and he beat himself up for it everyday.

You were Michaels best friend. The two of you had known each other for a very long time. He trusted you with his life, but never wanted to talk about his feelings about the death of his cousin, John.

It had been the fifth time this week, Michael had gone missing for. a few hours and came back with a tear struck face; not wanting to talk to anyone. You cared about him a lot, in ways more that a friend, but you felt at this moment in time, those feelings needed to be pushed away and focused on making Michael happy once again.

Walking up the hill, the wind brushed past your face, pulling the hair behind your shoulders. You reached to Michael, who knew you were there.

Looking up to you, tears fell down his perfect face and it made your heart cry. When he was hurting, you felt it also. Vice Versa. That is what love does to people.

"I could not save him." He cried out, and you bent down, bringing him into your body. "I should have saved him."

"Michael, you need to stop blaming yourself." You whispered and rested your chin on the top of his head, as he leant against your chest.

"I should have saved him." He mumbled again, ignoring your comment completely.

"Please Michael-" You began, as he looked up to you. "-come home." His eyes softened as the looked into yours. "You need rest."

Michael said nothing, but watched your stand up and reach out; giving him a hand to stand up. Slowly, he placed his hand in yours and the two of you began walking - hand in hand.

"Please-" Michael shook his head, as you went to take him back to his house. "-take me back to yours."

Nodding your head, you went to yours and made Micheal go straight to bed - which he obeyed and fell fast asleep.

"Goodnight" You whispered as you went to his side, pressing your lips against his forehead.

*

"I am worried about him." You whispered, looking to Polly as she sipped on her cup of tea. "He keeps going up to that hill and sitting there for hours." Your heart broke all over again for Michael. "I managed to convince him to come down today, which is a first."

"He is grieving." Polly sighed and put a hand on yours.. "You are a good friend to him-" She had a small smirk on her face. "-maybe something more?"

"Polly!" You gasped and started blushing, not expecting the mother of the boy you liked, to come out and say that.

"You care about him Y/N, I can see that-" She began. "-I think we should give him time and then try to talk to him about it." She changed the subject, which made you thank the Lord God.

"I think we need to talk  to him soon?" You sighed, running a hand through your hair.

"What is going on here?" Michael asks, frowning at you both.

"I came for tea." Polly replied and you knew Michael was going to go crazy at you both.

"No, you came here to talk about me." He spat angrily. "God, let me have some fucking peace with all the bullshit."

"Michael, we haven't even spoken to you about it." I frowned, annoyed at his sudden attitude. "You need help."

"I do not need help." He snapped. "Especially not from you two."

"Michael-" Polly went to scold him.

"Just because you are upset and angry, does not mean you need to affect everyone else." You shouted. "You attitude stinks."

"Y/N, just stay out of my business and you too mum." He hit the side of the kitchen side, the force knocking over a china cup that was on the side. You jumped in shock and closing your eyes, you took a deep breath in.

"Michael, please you need to speak to us." You began, but he walked away. "If not us, then a doctor, I don't know. But you can no longer be in the dark."

He went outside, but you continued to follow him.

"Michael for god sake!" You groaned. "You need to talk to me. Talking will make things better."

His pace was fast, but you were able to keep up with him, making sure he did not do anything stupid.

"You are scaring me!" I shouted, making him turn around. "Stop running away from me."

He continued to walk through the forest, not speaking and staying at the fast pace. You started to get tired.

"Please Michael" You begged once more. "I just want to help you. Please let me help you."

He suddenly went still; his back still faced to you, but his mood seemed calmer. You stood still and watched him carefully.

"I only want to help." You stuttered, a tear slipping down your cheek. He turned around and saw how upset you were.

"Fuck, I know you do Y/N" He breathed out and came over to you; grabbing your waist and pulling you to his chest.

Without any warning, Michael smashed his lips against yours. Not knowing what to do next, your hand stayed awkwardly on his arms. As the kiss deepened, your hands slowly reached the back of his neck; wanting to keep kissing him forever.

"You are so beautiful" he whispered, as he put his forehead against yours.

"I care about you Michael." You whispered back. "Please don't forget that."

"I know Y/N" He smiled, pressing his lips on yours. "I appreciate that."

You pressed your lips against his once more. Not wanting to break apart.