Tommy Shelby - 'Why did you shoot?'

You and Tommy had been colleagues for a while. He was dating Grace, who was a dear colleague of yours as the two of you worked together at the Garrison.

You liked Tommy a lot yet you knew that Grace had him; which inevitably broke your heart into a million pieces.

Tommy liked you and he wanted to admit that too you but he couldn't. He struggled to hide his feelings for you, but he did too like Grace. But he had a different feeling towards you, in a good way; he found you so beautiful and almost as though the two of you were meant to be.

Grace was in Ireland for the weekend and you were doing the late shift tonight.

You were washing the bar down ready to shut it up the bar up for the night, but tommy came running in and bolted up the door.

"Are you expecting trouble?" You ask as he comes over to you.

"Yeah." He mutters as he runs a hand through his hair.

"At this hour?" You frown slightly, looking at the tired man.

"Midnight is as good an hour as any." He groans and you roll your eyes.

"Tommy" You snap. "What the hell is going on?"

He looks at you for a moment before standing up and walking around the bar; standing in front of you.

"When the St Andrew's bell strikes midnight, two IRA men are going to come through that door." He says as he points to the door; walking closer to you. "When they have what they want, they plan to kill me."

He puts his hands in his pocket and pulls out a gun; handing it to you.

"And It's your job to stop that happening." He whispers and you look at the gun in your hand.

"You could have given me some warning." You snap at him in utter shock.

"I just got the message myself." He shrugs and you feel bad. "They want to meet me here alone."

"And barmaids don't count?" You frown, hurt ever so slightly.

"No." He says and you roll your eyes. "Barmaids don't count."

"So what are you exactly wanting me to do?" You ask him as he leans even more closer.

"Now, you're going to be in the back room. I am going to be sitting there." He points to each place as he says it. "When I make a toast, you're going to come out with that thing raised.
You don't shoot, you just point, I'll do the rest."

"Will you kill them?" You stutter as your hands start to shake.

"No, the police want them alive." He shakes his head and puts his hands on your shoulders.

"The police know about this?" You ask in shock, looking up to face Tommy really close to your nose.

"Look, you just hold it up and you just point." He says, turning you around suddenly and pulling you against his chest, pointing the gun up to the door.

Your heart beats a million beats per second as he holds you against his body. Turning your head slightly, your nose goes past his and he looks down to your lips.

"Right?" He whispers and you say nothing but nod your head in reply; not knowing whether you were even able to speak.

"Right" You whisper back and he leans forward so your lips are on top of each other's, nearly resting. "Tommy..."

"Yes?" He mutters as his lips move as he speaks, still brushing past yours.

"What about Grace?" You shyly say, scared he did not mean to be this interment with you.

"She doesn't matter." He says sincerely, pressing his lips right against yours. But the two of you are interrupted as the door gets hit viciously.

Jumping back, Tommy pushes you to be in the back room.

"Go." He rushes for you to hide. "Stay there until I say"

"Tommy-" you begin to say but he pushes you to the wall and kisses you again; before pulling back. "Please be careful."

"I will" He promises and then rushes around the corner; placing a finger to his lips for you to be quiet.

The men came in and began to talk to Tommy; making threats and promises that they can't keep.

"Did you think we'd let you live?" The man mockingly laughs. "Make your peace, Mr Shelby."

"I will make my peace my own way." Tommy says; picking up his whiskey glass. "To barmaids who don't count"

You come out and see the man, the anger and evilness in his eyes. Seeing red, you walk closer and your arms shake; the man stands up quickly and goes to pull out a gun to the both of you.

Suddenly, you finger moves and you shoot the gun; pointing it to the both men who are killed instantly.

Tommy stands up and then storms over to you. The gun falls to the ground as you stumble back against the barstool; in shock that you could do something like that.

"Why did you shoot?" He yells and shakes your shoulders; a tear falling down your cheek and eyes wide. "Why did you shoot, Y/N?"

"I didn't know I had it in me like that." You stutter as you look into Tommy's eyes.

"It's okay" Tommy sighs and you look to him intently. "So, now you've seen me."

"And you've seen me." You mimic back to the man who has one hand cupping your cheek, gently rubbing his thumb on your cheek.

He leans in once more and presses his lips against yours. Picking you up, he sits you on the barstool and pushes his body closer to you.

"Tommy" You breathe out as he kisses your neck and closing your eyes due to the impact.

"Y/N" He says to you, making you open your eyes to look at him. "I am in love with you."

"What?" You frown in confusion, shocked on what he just said. "But what about -"

"She is not in the question nor answer Y/N. It was only for business." He says and you grin to him; kissing his lips once more.