John Shelby - 'Undercover'

You and John, were work colleagues that fancied the pants off one another. The connection was there and very visible to everyone around.

"Are you ready?" Tommy says as he looks to you, handing you a bag.

"Yes, the main objective is find out who is the snitch" You recalled what he said earlier on.

John and you were on a mission to find out the snitch that spread the word to the London lot. Tommy had his suspicions but it was important to get the facts.

"Exactly, now go on and find John." He smirks and you glare at him.

"What?" You snap, defensive.

"Huh?" He shrugs, teasing you more.

"Tommy" You groan and walk past him, with him following after you.

"Y/N, What have a said?" He laughs.

"I know what you are insinuating Tommy" You shake your head, ignoring him and it made him laugh even more.

"I have no idea what you are talking about?" He smirks and you turn around about to say something but you were interrupted.

"What's happening?" John asked, coming in; completely unaware on what was going on.

"We-" Tommy began but you cut him off by saying something at the same time.

"Nothing" You rush and you tuck your hair behind your ears.

"Okay then?" He smiles awkwardly. "Should we go now?"

"Yes" You smile and Tommy continues to smirk, walking past him you smack his arm and try not to laugh.

*

"Ready?" John says as he takes your hand, before walking into the bar. "All right, do you have a visual on the hostess stand?"

"Yes" You quickly said as she walked over. "Hi. Table for two, please."

"I'm so sorry." She says and looks to her book, then at the two of you. "There's nothing available. We're totally booked up."

"Oh, no, that's horrible." John frowns and puts his arm around you. "Tonight's a really important night for us."

"Johnny and I just got engaged, and this is where our first date was." You add on and look up to him, smiling softly.

"Oh, yeah, it would mean so much to Dora and me. I would have made a reservation, but I didn't know if she was gonna say yes" John fretted which made it so hard not to laugh, as it was nothing like him. He looked at you lovingly and you blushed, kissing the side of your head.

"You are just so sweet together." She gushes and it makes you blush - if only John knew what you really thought. "You know, I'm sure I can find room for two young lovers."

She rushed off and you too John, realising the closeness of the two of you.

"It worked" You grinned and he smiled gently at you.

"We pulled it off" He smiles back and you look away, thinking you are unable to control yourself anymore if you look at him.

"Thank you so much for waiting." The waitress came back. "Your table is almost ready."

"Great." John grinned and she went away again.

"Sorry about springing the engagement and romantic stuff on you." You mumbled, not wanting to seem over the top.

"No, no, no." He shakes his head, kindly speaking. "That was great." You blush profusely and John cleared his throat. "I mean, it's what got us in here."

You both were seated and you looked around subtly. The man on the table near you, looked you up and down, making you feel so objectified. John noticed your tense demeanour and saw the man staring at you.

"I think that's him" You muttered and John nodded, grabbing your hand to calm you down. Trying to control your blush, you dipped on some water.

You both sat there and waited for the man to move before following after him. Small talk was being made and you did not want it to become awkward.

"So what was you and Tommy talking about earlier?"  He asks, which makes you nearly choke on your water.

"Nothing" You blurt, wiping your mouth with the napkin.

"Well it didn't -" He began but you interrupted him due to the man in suspicion moving.

"He's moving" You mumbled. Standing up quickly, you slowly followed the man as he went into the kitchen. John followed behind you and you both looked through the door of the kitchen; seeing the man talking with another member of the gang.

"It's fucking matty!" John sneered as he saw the snitch. You said nothing as you watched them, John already turning away in anger. "That stupid little prick, thinking he can double cross us like that."

While John was ranting on, you saw the two men walk away for each other and one walk towards the door; back out to the restaurant. He looked to you, seeing you look through. The man was suspicious and it put you on edge.

"Shit" You muttered. Not knowing what to do because you were about to get caught.

John continued to rant on and on. Not knowing what to do, you went off your first thought. Turning around, you looked to John, pulled his arm and turned him to you. You put your hands on either side of his face and smashed your lips on him. He was shocked at first, not knowing why, for the sudden outburst. But he kissed back. One hand went on your waist and the other went on your cheek as you moved your hands to his chest. His lips moved softly against yours and it made your heart burst.

For a moment, you both forgot the job at hand and you completely discarded the reason why you kissed him. Slowly pulling back, you saw the snitch walk out of the restaurant. Biting down on your lip, you follow after him, leaving John in shock.

Walking outside, you saw some of Tommy's men grab the snitch and matty before they could get away. You smiled at the job well done and see Tommy walking over.

"Why is it that my brother looks completely bewildered?" Tommy frowned in confusion. You turned and saw John looking at you with soft eyes.

"Don't ask." You blush. "I'm going home. Today has tired me out."

*
Sitting down on the sofa, you cuddle under the blanket, while in your nightdress. Looking up to the celling, you reminisce over your kiss with John. Touching your lips gently, you close your eyes and remember the feeling of Johns lips on yours.

A knock on the door snaps you out of your thoughts, making you stand up. Your nightdress was slightly skimpy but your wrapped the blankets around your shoulders. Opening the door slowly, you see John standing there. Your heart dropped out of your ass and you suddenly became nervous.

"Hey, can I come in?" He asked and you nodded your head.

"Of course" You smile and allow him inside.

He walked in, placing his hands in his pockets and looked to the ground; shuffling his feet as you shut the door and looked at him.

"Whats up?" You generically say, making him look up at you.

"I wanted to talk about earlier on." He says and you blush a deep red.

"Oh... y-yeah" You stutter. "Um.. about that, is was just to make it seem like we were not spying on him. It was a spur of the moment." You lied through gritted teeth. "I did not mean to startle you."

He said nothing, but looked to you softly.

"What?" You nervously laugh, still being serious and feeling silence smack you in the face.

"That may of been a spur of the moment." He says after a while, walking closer to you. "But it felt like so much more."

"What do you mean?" You stutter again.

"Maybe i should show you?" He gently puts his hands on your face, bringing your lips to connect his.

Fireworks EXPLODED!