John Shelby - 'Midnight lake antics'

"Y/N you need to come." Ada begged you for the millionth time today.

"Urgh Ada you know alcohol and I are not good friends." You groaned as you leant your head back against the wall. "Do not make me"

"Y/N you have to come." She ignores all excuses not too and then starts to drag you out the house; digging your heals into the ground so she struggled. "For fuck sake Y/N come on. You are coming"

"Ada!" You groaned and flew forward slightly as she stopped still.

"Please I beg you." She spoke with puppy dog eyes as she fluttered them back. You rolled your eyes and groaned at the woman in front of you.

"Fine." You gave in and she merrily danced her way to the pub.

The pub did not really interest you that much but you knew as soon as you smelt the alcohol; you would be stumbling all the way home – like every single time. All eyes were on the two of you as you entered, seeing some men dancing with the women as they drunk their beers.

Looking around, you see the Shelby's in the room they were always in. In the small gap in which you could see, John was peeking through as he laughed at something Arthur had said to him. John and you have been good friends since you could talk. The two of you were so compatible and no one dare harm or upset you due to the consequences john would be conflicting if he knew his precious Y/N had been hurt.

"Can I get a whiskey double?" Ada asked the man as he got the drink for her and asking for it twice for you.

The bar was full. It made you feel slightly claustrophobic as the people barged past you to get to the other side of the room.

"God that's fucking strong Ada" you gasped as you drunk the drink. She laughed to you as she nodded her head in reply; agreeing with you.

You both walk into the Shelby room; laughing about one of the men that was looking up Ada. Smirking, you walked in and saw John watching you as Arthur spoke to him. Looking to him, you bite down on your lip; seeing his eyes glaze over slightly in hunger but you were oblivious to it. Both of you had so much feelings for one another but were way too stubborn and too afraid.

"Hey brothers" Ada giggles as she drank her drink back.

"You two shouldn't be drinking too much" John frowned as he looked to you.

"We are fine John" you laugh. "We are sophisticated women don't you know?"

"Yeah right" Arthur howls and you roll your eyes. "Fucking mad women"

"You think we can't get a man because we are mad?" Ada questioned and Arthur nodded his head; nudging John who rolled his eyes to his older brother.

"You two are fucking insane" He laughs and you grip your glass harshly; taking a sip to cool your nerves.

"That's where you are fucking wrong brother" Ada snapped and you moved closer to Arthur who was next to you; John was next to him.

"We are fucking single because we have you two in our lives." You glared and then Ada nodded her head; mumbling 'yeah'.

"Wow thanks" John stood up and threw his glass through the gap to Charlie to fill it up.

"You are welcome John Boy" Ada smirked knowing that he was very offended. "Hey Y/N, Maybe we should go back to those men who asked us to dance earlier?"

You knew she was saying it to wind up John; knowing full well that no man had asked you. For some reason, you wanted to make John jealous - yet you did not want to know why you did so.

"Yes Ada" You reply as John looks over his shoulder at you. "I think that would love that."

Going to walk out, you feel John pull you back. His hand falls to yours as you look to him and seeing Arthur and Ada out with the other people in the bar.

"Come with me somewhere?" He begs and you bite down on your lip; nodding your head as you follow him.

"Yes John" You smile and he drags you off through the back back room and out to the open; dragging you into the car. "Where are we going?"

"You'll see" He grins and then you both end up getting out into the wooded area on the outskirts of Small Heath.

"Where are we?" You ask for the millionth time. He stops the car and gets out; coming around to open your door for you and putting out his hand for you to help you out.

"In the woods" He smiles and you walk around; slightly with the headlights of the car illuminating the area around you ever so slightly.

"I hope you are not planning on killing me Mr Shelby" You tease as you turn to him; walking back.

"No, I am not" He chuckles as he put his hands in his pockets.

"Come on then" You smile and then ran to the lake opposite you.

Taking your clothes off, you leave your underwear on and petite coat and jump into the lake gracefully.

"John!" You called as you swam on your back. "Come In"

He looks to you and smirks before stripping his clothes and leaving his underwear on before jumping in and swimming towards you. You try to swim away as he comes closer; his large hands grabs your feet and pulls you to him. Giggling constantly, you look to him as he wraps your legs around his waist.

"John" you breathe out as you wrap your arms around his neck. Playing with the back of his hair as he kept you both afloat.

"Y/N" He whispers back as you lean in slowly and presses your lips on his. His hand rests on your waist and the other presses against your cheek pulling you closer to him - if that was at all possible.

With no warning, the bright light of a torchlight flashed to you as you saw Arthur looking down at you two.

"Looks like your best friend friendship has become complicated" Arthur smirked and you rolled your eyes to him; moving away from John smiling hugely.

"Back off Arthur" John snaps. "What do you want and why are you even here?"

"Tommy needs you urgently." Arthur coughs and then looks to you. "Besides, Y/N Ada is looking for you; something about a man wanting to dance with you"

You knew Arthur was saying it to wind up John so you decided to go along with it.

"Oh yes" You smirk and swim to get out of the lake. "Sorry John, must go."

"You are fucking kidding me right?" He muttered and hit the water with his hands as he got out; seeing you struggling to get out.

Bending down he helps you out with such ease. You fall into him and he keeps you there for a while.

"It is all a wind up John" you whisper and walks away from the jealous man, who stands there relieved.

Arthur smirks as John watches you walk away to get your clothes.