"Yeah that, I assumed we'd be fine without it, I wish I wasn't so careless and took my stupid pill before I left, and told you to wear one!" I shook my head, and his smiled disappeared.

"Everything happens for a reason Jen, we should be seeing this as a blessing not a mistake, this is our child!" He may have been younger than me, but he was much more wise and mature about this.

I wasn't ready to be a mum though, I could barely look after myself, and the relationship with the father of my child was a complete shambles to say the least, I don't think it's something I could handle at this point. Harry seemed to be on board with the whole thing though, there was just a lot to consider.

"Okay are we ready?" The doctor walked back into the room and turned the screen on.

"You're comfortable with your friend being here Miss Taylor?" The doctor asked again. I hated the way he referred to him as my friend, he seemed to be more than that to me. But I guess that's what we were at this point, friends, friends that were having a child together.

"He's the father so I'd like him to be here," I informed the doctor and he seemed surprised.

"Oh my apologies sir, congratulations!" Harry gave him a small smile and head nod as the doctor prepared me. The jelly like liquid was cold on my skin, and made me wince at first contact, and this was making it all the more real right now.

He moved around his little camera searching around for what he was looking for, "Ah here we go," he stopped on a section of my stomach, and I couldn't see anything.

"What are we meant to be looking at?" I asked him confused.

"Nothing just yet," he laughed at my eagerness. I had no idea about anything to do with pregnancy, I thought we'd at least be able to see some kind of little human in there, that just showed how ignorant I was to the whole thing.

"Do you know when you would have conceived?" He asked me, and I knew exactly what date it was.

"January thirteen," I informed him.

"Yes that looks about right, so you're almost five weeks along, so you are a month into your pregnancy!" He informed us.

"So what exactly are we looking at?" Harry asked the doctor, his eyes squinting trying to look at the screen.

"See this little dot here?" The doctor zoomed into the picture on the screen, and outlined the dot to us.

"Yes," he responded.

"That's your embryo, it's only developing right now, you'll be able to see more at the end of weeks six and seven. By your next scan you'll be able to see a lot more, and possibly hear a heart beat," we both nodded like we understood, I couldn't speak for Harry but I was still a little confused with the dates and such.

"So when is that scan?" I asked.

"Just give me a minute to calculate your due date and I'll be able to tell you when you should come in next." He started typing away on the computer, and I had a thousand things running through my head, "I can't do this" seemed to be the one reoccurring the most.

"Your due date is October twenty." The doctor informed us, and Harry smiled.

I was happy the mood was lifted. I slowly felt like we were getting to our old selves again, but I couldn't base one small moment on how this would all pan out. The fact of the matter was Harry was still in a band that was constantly on tour, I would never ask him to choose me over his career.

"I'll write you up a referral for your first prenatal scan at the front desk, that should be anytime after eight weeks, but in the meantime I suggest trying to relax and keeping your blood pressure at a normal rate, otherwise congratulations to the pair of you," the doctor stood and handed me some wipes to clean myself up.