prologue ; canada

Sierra walked in her house, sighing in relief when she sprawled out on the couch. Today was her final day in school and she's finally done with her eleventh grade. She was excited for summer; it's going to be so much fun without those high school girls. She hated them. Her plan for this year was to just stay home and read or hang out with her little cousins.

"Hey, Sierra." Her mom exclaims. "I have great news!"

Sierra groaned. Every time her mom announces something about 'great news', it wasn't too great.

Her mother laughed. "It's good, trust me. You'll love this!"

"What is it, then?" She sat up on the couch, rubbing her eyes. She was so sleepy.

"We're going to Canada!"

Sierra blinked. Canada? She pushed her glasses up and frowned. She didn't want to leave home; she's planning on babysitting her favorite cousins... "What? Until when?"

"The whole summer, of course! And if you want, we can live there!" Her mom grins.

She froze. Live there? Is she serious? Sierra thought. She might not like her school at all but, this was her home. Sierra cleared her throat. "Who are we staying with?"

Her mom's eyes lit up. "Remember our old neighbors there? We're going to be living with them!"

Her eyes knitted in confusion. She remembers them... Especially Brayden, her only actual guy friend. Being in an all - girls' school, she knew no boys. The two of them were very close; they would joke around and call each other ugly. They were a weird pair, but she loved it. She loved being with him, until they left Canada...

"You better pack, we're leaving in three days!" Her then mom exits the living room, jumping.

Well, this is going to be different...