"Oh?" I figured from the puffy eyes they already talked about everything. I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck nervously. "I think everything went wrong when I snapped at her for telling her sister of our money problems. I held a grudge against her for it."

"And why is that?"

"I felt embarrassed that I put myself in that situation. I had money saved up and kind of forgot to budget wisely and felt like an idiot when the money dried up. I didn't...I didn't want to feel like less of a man because I couldn't provide for my family."

"What makes you think that you're less of a man because you made a mistake?"

"I was orphaned at a young age and was taken in by a friend of mine. Seeing his parents taught me I had to provide for my family. I felt like I was failing that expectation."

"Providing for your family doesn't mean you do it all alone," Sophia said. "We're MARRIED Keion. I didn't marry you so you can do everything on your own. We're PARTNERS! We're supposed to stand together, not against each other. You should've said you were in a pinch and swallowed your pride and accepted my help."

"I was afraid alright?! I didn't want you running back here. I know you didn't want to be in Chicago. I just wanted to prove we didn't need anybody."

"That's the whole point Keion! We needed everybody! Why do we have to do things on our own if we have a solid support system?!" She glared at me. "When we were dating, I told you my dream was to raise my family right by my sisters. They are the only family I have left on this earth. I wanted our kids to grow up with strong familial bonds. Something I couldn't have as a kid. I've only ever had my sisters. But my kids could have aunts, uncles, cousins, best friends. They could've had everything we couldn't. But I gave up that dream. For you."

I felt my throat closing. "Why?"

"Because I knew it was something you wanted. And I wanted what was best for us. I thought that I may grow to like it. That being near my sisters wouldn't change the bond my kids and their cousins could have. I convinced myself things would be fine regardless of where we went because at least I' have you."

"But you felt like you didn't have him," the counselor said. "Right?"

"Right," she turned away from me. "He was always at work so I dealt with the kids alone. I could barely get my work done. I felt like I was raising my kids alone."

Damn. Is that really how it was? Did I really left her to deal with them alone? "And because of your loneliness you often thought of the 'what ifs'. What if I stayed home? What if I opened my mouth sooner?"

"Basically."

"Why didn't you?"

She was quiet at first. "I've always had a problem...speaking my mind. It's one of my many insecurities. There are times where I dug up the courage to do so but only to end up making the situation worse." My mind went to the argument we had. I never realized or thought that it must've taken a lot for her to come to me about helping out. And all I did was yell at her and make shit worse. 

"I think we're finally coming together. We're getting to the real root of the problem. Communication. Yes the infidelity played a role in the breaking of your foundation but the lack of communication between you two is what made it so weak. I think you're finally hearing each other for the first time."

"Yeah," I said. Of course it's making me feel like shit but it does feel better to know we're getting somewhere. 

"Keion. I think you have some explaining to do."

I nodded and turned to face Sophia. "There's no amount of apologizing in the world that could repair what I did. I know that. But still, I really am sorry for what I did. Cheating, lying, mortgaging the house. I didn't mean for things to get so bad. I was losing faith in us, in me. I ended up losing sight of what's important. You and the kids. Our family. I'm sorry."

"What did she use the money for? What was so important that you risked our home?"

I sighed and rubbed my neck. "The money wasn't for her per se. It was for her classes. She gave me some ideas on how to boost members and I like the idea I just didn't have the funds to make the accommodations. I wouldn't have done it had she not asked to do the classes that she wanted since I had to remodel an entire room for her needs. Even though the money wasn't exactly for her, I still used it because of her. I'm...stupid I know. I should've just told you."

"Yeah you should've. Money isn't an issue and you knew that. If you can't trust me to be there for you then how can I trust you ever again?"

I couldn't answer that. "It seems our time is coming to a close," the counselor said. "If you allow me to say this but, I think you two can really work this out. It's a painful process yes but it can have many rewards. Hopefully you two see that it'll be worth it. See you next week?"

"Yeah. Thanks." I walked behind Sophia as she got to her car. She turned to face me and we were both just looking at each other. "I-"

"You should follow me to the house," she said. 

"What?"

"It's been almost a month and the kids haven't seen you. They miss you. Regardless of what's going on between us the kids come first. I'm staying here like I wanted but the kids can come and visit you in Chicago for long weekends and breaks. And you're welcome to come back here if that's what you want. I'm still not sure what to do about us but as of right now, we're separated."

"O-Okay," I said, relieved that divorce isn't in our future, or at least right now. We may not be together but at least we aren't over completely. Maybe there's hope. Maybe I can win my wife back some day.

Hey you all! Again thank you everyone for the love you've given this book and the series. I hope you enjoyed this nice little spin-off of Box and Sophia. This may be the end of their book but their story will continue on as the series continue. Will they end up back together? Or is divorce evident in their future? We'll see as we move along with the Trappers lives after trapping. 

*

*

*

*

*

Now that that is out of the way, some of you may be aware that I've changed plans up a bit. I was going to mainly focusing on publishing the Trappers series in order to use some characters from the series into another book but I decided not to do that again. So the series will now likely be updated slowly.

Trappers 4 is not likely to be in the next round of books I'll publish but I'll let you know when it does. It will be Selena and Speed's story that'll be happening right around the end of this book so I hope you all will enjoy. Each book is independent enough that you all shouldn't have to come back and re-read this one. Thanks again and hopefully you all continue to support me and my books.