12

it's been days since lamelo talked to me, and honestly it's lowkey heartbroken. me and Daijon decided to go on our date a bit early this week which i was grateful for. It went so perfect it was unbelievable. we even kissed, can y'all believe that?!

i sound like a love sick crack head but , today's my first game for Chino Hills and i ain't gon lie a shawty nervous asf.

(convo)
uncle bron: ayeee kiddo, so me and bronny finna pop out to ya game you better wildddd tf out girl
me: yassss uncle bron bron, i lowkey could use some positivity this game
unclebron 👑🥇: dawg you got this, good luck today, ya mama would be proud
me: thank uncle bron 'ppreciate it ❤️🥇
(convo over)

right now it's 2 hours before game time and my nerves been on tilt. "girl relax you got this" Mis patted my back. "i heard the girl that's #3 plays for this school, if i do really well i get my spot back" i spoke up looking at her. we were sitting outside taking a breather.

"would that mean it's gonna be faster for you to be #1 again?" she questioned. "yeah i hope so, nah deadass tho i really wish my brother was here dawg" i said leaning on her shoulder. "he away for college right now, he's my bestfriend no lie" i continued. " he'd be here if he could girl, hey! have melo & the gang talked to you? " she questioned.

"after that whole Ashely shit nahh, Daij and Quan probably the only ones that i'm actually close with now" I said shaking my head.

"hoe ass bitch" she muttered getting up. "come on none of this sappy shit we got a game to win" she spoke holding out her hand, i quickly grabbed it as we walked into the gym area. We saw the rest of the team surrounding the coach.

"okay! since we're all here i wanna announce Captain & Co-Captain" Coach spoke out holding her clipboard.

"#4 Kashmere Griffith Captain, Iris Cook Co-Captain, i hope you all treat these girl with respect and man-" she was quickly cut off by that Harrington girl "that's not fair! i've been on this team for two years, Griffith been here for 1 week and she gets the spot! " she spoke rather loudly. i couldn't help was laugh at her jealousy. she snapped her head towards me and glared.

"see a great leader controls her temper, and stays back and help others when needed, Griffith may have started recently but, she has helped everyone on this team many times, unlike you... she cares for others." Coach snapped. i gave her and thank you look, returning me a soft smile. "cmon ladies get dressed and start warming up Game starts in a half hour to 45 minutes"

Artemis beamed at me "CAPTAIN?!" she yelled hugging me. "thanks bitchhh yktvvvvv" i said sticking my tongue out "eeeowwww" she made that Cardi B noise. i chuckled and started to get dressed. I stared at my jersey #4 my moms number when she use to play. i slipped it over my head and slipped off the gold bracelet that my mom had left me and my brother, clipping it on my ankle and pulled my socks up. I placed my airpods in and blasted some meek mill.

I sat on the bench tying up my Green & white Lebrons XII. I went toward the sink and damped my hair putting it in a low pony tail.

"20 minutes ladies" coach yelled in the locker room. i finished up what i had to do and threw my "kuzmania" hoodie on. me and artemis did our handshake and headed out. As we walked out cheers irrupted from the bleachers. i tapped my airpods and it continued to play. Coach brought the balls out and of course i was the first to grab one but, coach quickly grabbed my hand "i seen what you can do give it your all babygirl"

i smiles and nodded, i slapped my hand on the ball making a loud clap sound.

i was doing basic warmups with the team.

"throw a lob" yelled Christina, our center. i threw the ball at the back board and she grabbed it... you know what she did next? DUNKED THAT BITCH!!

as the clock ran down coach called us in a huddle. "Kash your dad is looking for you but be quick okay?" i looked up and looked towards my dad. I nodded and jogged over to him.

"hey pa" i spoke up seeing he was sitting with the old gang.
"hey hun, you ready?" he said holding both my hands.
"yeah dad i just wish bubba was here" he kissed my forehead and brought our hands close together.

we did our ritual closed our eyes and started.
Our Father,
who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Please mary if you're up there watch over our babygirl, and allow her to grind to her very best and protect her through it all . we love you mama,

Amen
we both said. i missed my hand touched my heart and pointed to the sky. i dapped my pops up and i felt stares at the side of my head. i turned to look to see Lamelo staring me down. i shook my head and jogged back to the group.