~ Chapter 8 ~

A/N:...hot mess incoming...

-Frost Festival-

~Cecilia's POV~

I was heading to the frost festival with Ciel and Sebastian. It was an entire festival held on the ice frozen over the Thames River. Ciel held my hand as we walked exploring all the different shops and stands when someone suddenly called out to him, he looked like an inspector from the Scotland Yard. Ciel blew him off and he came running after us, I turned ready to intercept him if he attempted to touch Ciel, but Sebastian beat me to it.

"Forgive me sir, but my master is a bit fragile at the moment please be more cautious when approaching him."

The detective wanted to talk to Ciel about something so we headed to an oriental tea shop. The two got a table to talk in private leaving me and Sebastian at our own table. It was nice sitting down alone with him. He smiled his devilish smile and I felt myself blush.

"Something wrong, my dear?"

"Is Ciel suspicious at all, do you know?"

He thought for a moment, "I think he suspects something, but he has not voiced any concerns to me, directly."

"What will you tell him, if he asks?"

"I unfortunately cannot tell him because your contract trumps his, you would have to give me permission to tell him, or else tell him yourself." He shrugged.

"I don't want him to know, he'll only worry, I want him to live the rest of his life, happy." I smiled as I watched my younger brother. "He's grown up so much, in such a short time, it isn't fair."

Sebastian slid his hand across the table and held my hand in his. "You have such a kind heart, my dear."

"You keep telling me that." I smiled. He released my hand as Ciel the detective and, Lau finished their business, when did Lau get there? We all headed to a tent on the ice and I groaned as I spotted the sign. 'Undertaker'. 'This should be fun.' I followed the detective inside and spotted Undertaker lying in a coffin.

"Hello love!" He immediately draped an arm across my shoulder and pulled me over to him.

The detective stared at the two of us with raised eyebrows while Ciel glared at him. "Release my sister."

"You've come back for a visit?" He beamed completely ignoring the others.

"I've just been DYING to see you." I smiled and he howled with laughter.

Sebastian chuckled as he yanked me from Undertaker's grasp.

"I knew I liked you, love." Undertaker cackled.

"We have some questions." The detective stated in a businesslike manner. He should learn to read the room a bit, he wasn't going to get anything from Undertaker with that kind of attitude.

"Oh?"

"We're looking for a ring."

"Say no more." Undertaker beamed and led us all onto the ice, to the statue by the judges' panel for whatever event they were holding, "This it?" Apparently, my slight crack earlier was enough to get him to comply.

I laughed, they'd all walked past it at least three times before and none of them had noticed the ring lodged in the sculpture. "Some detective you are."