Book 2: 2

Sitting on the couch was like a miracle. It felt so wonderfully peaceful and soft. I know it's odd to think that, but it is so worth it.

"What time did you say Malachie comes back from his workouts?" I said while kind of fidgety in my seat. Ever since Sarah said he was still at his job I could not sit still for my life.

"He was supposed to be back in two minutes," she said while checking the clock on the wall. I nodded my head and stood up before walking to the stairs. I put on foot up and put it down onto the steps. Each step I take I slide my hands onto the banister feeling every curve and movement it contains. Never really taking time to look around before, but I did.

Each picture had me in it. I stop at one picture and just stared at it. I was curled up on the couch with Malachie sleeping next to me, well more like curled up into me. I know exactly who took this picture.

"Sarah! Why did you put us on the wall sleeping?" I said sounding confused. I'm so used to people smiling or laughing on photos not sleeping.

"Oh, you guys look so cute together that I had to take one"

"And put it on the wall?"

I looked over the banister and she just shrugged and walked away. I smiled and took my last two steps before I made to the hall and into his room. I wanted to faint, it smelled like him most.

Walking over to the dresser I started to look for some clothing. He still had my stuff including my bra. I walked into the bathroom and took a deep bath enjoying the feeling of it around my body.

I don't know how long it was until I finally got out and dry myself off. I looked at the clock and realized it is 10:00 pm. What time does he come back?

I finished putting on my clothes until a loud sound was heard downstairs. I was going to run and see what was going downstairs, but I stopped once I heard a voice.

"SARAH! SARAH!"

"Yes, Malachi-why you look so sad"

"I don't know where she is" who is she and why does he care about her?

"Who?" Sarah said sounding more confused as ever.

"Columbiana, I got a call and they said she was awake a-and I went there to go see but she was gone! No one knew where she was I tried looking for her-"

At that point, I started to creep myself out of the room and over to the stairwell. I looked over the banister and saw him. He looks so much more attractive than ever. His muscles are more defined that every time he runs his hands through his hair they flex.

"But every time look or ask people have you seen her, they shook their heads and walked away!"

I could not take it anymore so I started running down the stairs, but no one could hear me or see me because number one I'm light as a feather and two his back was facing me. Sarah's eyes made contact with and before Sarah could say anything I tackled Malachi down to the floor.

"What the- Columbiana," he said in more like a whisper. I felt the tears coming and I was pulled into his arms more. His grip on me was tighter than ever, but I did not want him to let go.

"Columbiana you're ok, your alive oh God I'm such a fool, I'm such a fool"

He said, that made me hug him tighter making my face hidden in the crook of his neck. I felt his head rest on top of mine and then he started leaving kissing on the side of my head and down my cheek.

I lifted my head and grabbed onto his face and smashed his lips onto mine. My tears were streaming down my face, just kissing him made me miss him more. The kiss did not get any deeper it felt like this kiss meant something

I'm sorry...

That is what it felt like. I pulled ba k for air and looked deep into his blue eyes. His eyes look tired the bags under his eyes what got me. Lifting my hand to his right eye my thumb rubbed under his eye. I felt sad that I did this to him.

"I did this to you," I said while looking down not wanting to make eye contact with him. I felt his head shake and his large fingers go under my chin to lift my head.

"Columbian please look at me"

I looked up into his eyes and I was lost in them like always. Those blue eyes staring at me made me shiver a little.

"You did nothing to me I did this to myself, please don't beat yourself down promise me that"

I nodded my head but Malachi shook his head.

"No, I want you to say it"

"I promise," I said while playing with a piece of string on his shirt. I felt his hands wrap around my body again, but I was lifted into the air and pressed again his chest. But I did not complain I loved being in his arms.

He walked us upstairs and into the bedroom. He placed me down on the bed and told me he was going to take a shower. I nodded and lay on top of the blanket. Malachite was out in 10 min with shorts on, but when I looked at his abs I felt my face heat up.

I heard him chuckle and I groaned mentally knowing I got caught. He turned the lights off and climbed in bed with me pulling overs from under us. I snuggle onto his side and relaxed.

We just played there just silently taking in everything. I smiled and closed my eyes enjoying this moment.

....................

I woke up with a jolt when I felt something jolt from under me. I looked down at Malachie and saw him moving to toss and turn. I reached over to the lamp next to me a switch I on.

His eyes were closed and he was sweating. I started shaking him awake while calling his name.

"Malachi, Malachi please wake up"

He jolted awake and looked around before he spotted me. He pulled me down to his body and snuggled against me. I did the same but I stayed awake just thinking...

Did he go through this all this time...

The book is finally out to thank you guys for waiting for this long and reading Free! Hopefully, it is going to better than ever