Chapter 43 - Not Okay

Lauren's POV

I stare up at Lili as she sits on her bed, not moving. She's been in the same spot for the past few hours. She hasn't eaten, talked, moved, anything.

"Lili... Are you okay?" Sarah keeps asking. Lili doesn't answer, she never does.

"What's wrong?" Sophia will try. Lili doesn't answer, she never did.

"Do you want something?" Lola worries. Lili doesn't answer, she never will.

I'm about to ask Lili something, probably without an answer, when our door bursts open. Jason and Ty race through. They don't close the door, they seem to do that on purpose.

"Get out of here," they shout. Confused, I look to Jason. He looks.. Scared.

"Wait, why?" Lola questions Ty. Ty grabs her arm and pulls her toward the door.

"Lili's not okay," Jason answers for him. I look back at Lili to see her standing on the top bunk, just staring at us. Ty gasps loudly. I follow his eyes to the window, where Mitch is standing, knife in hand.

"Run. Now," Jason pushes us out the door just as Lili is jumping to the ground. "Run and don't look back."

All six of us make out way to the front door. "Wait!" Sophia shouts. "Mitch is probably coming from there!" She makes us all stop in our tracks. Without a second thought, we all turn around, just to be stopped again by Lili standing right behind us. She's holding scissors. She swings at me, but I kick her then run as fast as I can out to the back door. I can hear the footsteps from what I hope are the others and not Lili and Mitch.

"What's wrong with them?" Sarah tries to ask while we run. It's hard to talk when we are running as fast as we can away from potential murderers.

"The forest... They were in there for more than two hours," Ty explains. He dodges a low-hanging tree branch then past the PE field. Finally, Jason and him start to slow down as we near the field the borders the forest. We all take a moment to catch our breath.

"Then let's get them True Love's Kiss!" Lola suggests.

"But they are each other's True Love's Kiss," Sophia reminds her. "Also, we probably wouldn't even be able to get them to kiss under these conditions."

"Then how will we get them back to normal?" I question.

"We might not.." Sarah whispers sadly.