Chapter 1 - Boarding School

• Dedicated to Sophia, Lauren and Lola!

Lili's POV

The afternoon breeze fills the stuffy car when I roll down the window. I still don't understand why the school is this far in the country, but I don't judge. My phone rings suddenly and I nearly jump up from my seat. I fumble for it in my purse. The screen of my phone reveals that Lola's calling.

"Hai!" I say in my iPhone.

"Hey! I just got to the school, are you here yet?" Lola asks. I hear her talk to someone and then the sound of a suitcase rolling.

"No, we're not there yet," I glance over at my dad driving the car. He smiles and points to the windshield. "Scratch that, we are pulling up now."

"Oh, I see your car! I'll wait for you."

"Okie, see you in a bit. Bai!"

"Bye."

With that, I hang up.

My dad parks the car and helps me with my suitcase. I get annoyed when I see it get caught in the seat. Finally, it's free and my dad hands it to me. My mom and sister come up behind me. We all exchange out goodbyes and hugs. They pile back into the car and I see them off, waving.

"Lili!" I spin around to where the voice came from.

"Oh, hai Sophia!" I call to her. She turns around to wave goodbye to her mom.

"Have you seen Lola or Lauren yet?" She pushes her brown hair from over her eyes.

"Lola is.."

"Sophia! Lili!" Lola calls from behind Sophia.

"There," I laugh an point at Lola.

"I've found Lauren!" Lola calls. She runs up to us, Lauren not too far behind.

"Okie! Shall we go to our dorm?" I smile. We all made a special request to share our dorm.

"We shall," Sophia says.

We walk and talk about our summers until we get to Room 659. On our way up there, we pass Room 666. Something about that room, other than the number, seems off. I tell the girls about how the room seems weird as we pass it.

"You're just paranoid because of the room number," Lauren declares.

"Maybe you're right," I shrug off my earlier suspicions. It's just a room.

We walk into the dorm room and I see 2 bunk beds right away. In the corner is a single bed, but we were informed that it was off limits for future students.

"I call top of this one," I go over to the bunk bed next to the window.

After I chose mine, the other girls started choosing their's and with luck, there was no fighting. Sophia gets the other top bunk near the door, Lauren took the bed under Sophia's and Lola got the bed under mine.

I start putting my sheets and blankets on the bed. My sheets are just a plain line green. My blanket is white with black swirls embellishing it. I brought a pillow case that matches the sheets and a pink throw pillow that has tassel on the corners. When I'm finished doing my bed, I check out the other beds. Only Lola is done too.

"Why is it taking longer for you guys to set up your beds?" I ask.

"They're just slow," Lola jokes. We laugh and soon after, all the beds are done being made.

"Let's explore campus!" Sophia suggests. We exit the room then enter the lounge.

"Wait! I wanna grab a smoothie," I inform the others.

"Let's all get one," Lola suggests.

"Okay," Lauren glides over to the concessions stand in the corner of the room.

We look up at the menu and I instantly know what I want.

"Blueberry," Lola tells the young boy at the cash register. All the workers - excluding the teachers and all that - are students.

"Mango," Lauren's voice follows after Lola's.

"Berry Blast," Sophia taps the side of the counter.

"Strawberry kiwi," I say last of all.

Within minutes, the boy is done and hands us the smoothies. We all pay separately. As we walk out if the building, Lola smiles slightly.

"What is it?" Lauren asks followed by a sip of her smoothie.

"The boy put his number on the side of my cup," Lola shows us the cup.

"What was his name again?" Sophia inquires.

We all stop to think for a moment.

"Ty," I offer.

Lola smiles. "Yep, that was his name."