Chapter 10 - Gone

Ty's POV

2 hours. 2 hours. 2 hours left. Less than that. How long have we been in this forest... like 45 minutes? We walked in a mostly straight line. If we turn around, we can make it out in time, but we'll leave Lili.

"Hey guys. It's more useful? A group of people, stuck in a forest that hate everything, or a group of people, not in a forest that are trying all they can do to help you?" I ask. "Think hard about it... We can vote."

Everyone stops walking to think. I try to think about my choice, and the choice is quite difficult. Either way has pros and cons. If we stay, we have a chance of becoming evil, but we might find Lili.. And she might be evil, too. If we leave, we will stay like our normal selves, but Lili won't be found and she'll might become evil. When everyone decides, we vote.

"Raise your hand if you want to stay to search for her and take the risk of becoming evil?" Mitch asks. I look around our little group. Only him and Lauren want to stay. Lauren looks at the rest of us like we've gone crazy. Maybe we are for voting against it. I notice Mitch become hunch over in sadness.

"Okay, I guess were going back out. We have around an hour to get back," I say. We all turn around in usion and start walking back from where we came. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Mitch look behind him. A catch a glimpse of his eyes, they're full of sorrow.

"I'm so sorry, Lili. I will find you," he mumbles. I can't help but feel sad for him. I remember our talk when we first met the girls.

Flashback

I walk in between Mitch and Jason, the girls walking side-by-side in from of us. Mitch keeps sending glances Lili's way. I bump him in the shoulder and he shoots his head to the side, looking right at me.

"What's up with you and Lili?" I ask suspiciously. His eyes grow big in surprise. He rubs his neck nervously. "You know, you're not subtle." I chuckle quietly.

"I don't know... She's isn't afraid of a potentially haunted room, she didn't hesitate to help me with my bike crash, she never ceases to be happy," He smiles and sighs. "So how about you and Lola?"

I'm not surprised about this question. I had it coming. "She's pretty, caring and just leaves an impression. But, I'm not afraid to admit it."

"Eh. Sure about that?" Jason asks from beside us. I didn't realize he was listening.

"We all know about your thing for Lauren," Mitch points out. Jason blushes a rosy pink.

"I didn't realize it was that obvious..." He mumbles. "What about Sophia?"

"I asked Lola earlier and she said that Sophia is dating someone, but they didn't want to go this boarding school. Lola said that they keep in touch via texting," I say.

"Ah.. The dreaded long distance relationship..." Jason shakes his head. "Those are pretty hard to cope with."

"Oh, the room is coming up..." Mitch points to the room number. 666.

Flashfoward

Mitch must be hurting about this. I'm surprised he doesn't stop right in his tracks to get find her. I'd be useless though... Mitch could hate her within an hour.

We finally make it out of the forest with exactly 23 and a half minutes left. Lola checks her phone and she stands there, staring at her screen. "Lili disappeared 23 minutes before us," she mumblesloud enough for us to hear. 30 seconds pass by with complete silence. Lola turns her phone off and shoves it in her pocket.

Sophia sighs. "Thats it... Lili's gone"