Don't Touch Her Part II

Start from the beginning

As she passed her friend's cells, she smiled sadly at them, seeing and hearing their shouts of protests. With one last glance at Hiccup, she stepped out of the room.

Shutting the door carefully, Astrid turned around and saw a big room. The room had the Deathhrippers in cages and a table right in the middle.

"Nice to finally talk to you, Astrid Hofferson" Grimmel greeted, walking in from an open doorway. Astrid immediately scanned for a weapon, preparing to attack.

"Easy there, I won't hurt you" He said, walking closer to her. Astrid slowly moved as far away from him as she could.

"I'm offering you a speacial deal." He states, raising his hands up defensively at her.

"You lead me to the Hidden World, and I bring your friends and fiancé back home to Berk, never bothering them again" Grimmel smirked and stopped moving, waiting for her response.

"And what if I reject your offer?" Astrid asked, trying to keep her voice strong and stable as she spoke loudly.

"I don't see why you should. You're a warrior, aren't you? You protect the people you love" Grimmel raised his eyebrow, trying to persuade her.

"I can't show you the Hidden World. You'll destroy it" Astrid spat, still not lowering her defense.

"Fine. Then, I'll let you stay there and protect the dragons. I'm only one person and people have stopped trusting me. What could I do against all those dragons?" Grimmel asked rhetorically.

"The only thing is-" He started, walking closer to her and making her back away.

"You have to stay there and not tell them what you are doing" He finished darkly, staring at her with cold hard eyes. Astrid gulped, making her decision.

She would never see Berk again. Her parents, her friends. Hiccup, she thought sadly. But she knew that right now, it was their best option. They couldn't escape, and their last offer was terrible. This one could save her friends, the dragons, and Hiccup.

"I'll do it" Astrid agreed, a sad look on her face as she let down her defensive position, looking down at the ground.

"Can I say bye, at least?" Astrid pleaded, briefly looking up at him. Grimmel shrugged and nodded to the door.

Astrid quickly walked towards it, tears falling down rapidly as she heard her friends shouting at her when she entered the hallway.

They looked at her and saw her tears, making their eyes fill up as well. Something was wrong, they all thought. Astrid smiled at them all sadly, looking at each person for the last time.

"Bye, Fishlegs." She said, looking at him through the bars. "Astrid? What?" He asked, confused at what was happening.

"What are you doing, A?" Tuffnut asked shakily as she turned to him. "Bye" She muttered out, smiling.

"See you later, Ruff" Astrid faced Ruffnut who had tears on her cheeks. "What?! No!" Ruffnut whispered sharply at her.

Snotlout just shook his head violently and sniffed when she faced him. She waived to him and smiled. Knowing who was next, she sighed and bit her bottom lip.

She turned slowly to face Hiccup, tears falling from her eyes. He looked so horrified and scared as she looked at him.

"Astrid, don't" Hiccup begged, tears also falling. He shook his head softly, not believing what was happening.

"Hiccup" Astrid sniffed, as she moved closer to him. She placed her hand on his cheek, wiping away the tears with her thumb. She stared into his teary forest green eyes that looked so helpless and sad.

He leaned into her hand, placing his on hers. "Please, m'lady" He cried, shaking his head and closing his eyes briefly.

"I'll always be with you" She whispered to him, giving him a small smile. Hiccup gazed into her eyes, clouded with tears, yet she still looked so beautiful. He couldn't lose her. He just couldn't.

"I love you" He said pressing his forehead against hers with his eyes closed.

"I love you, Astrid Hofferson, with everything I have and I always will" Hiccup repeated, smiling sadly as he remembered the last time he said it to her. Astrid chuckled and smiled.

"I love you too, babe" She replied, smiling as they opened their eyes. They both just stared into each other's eyes, not daring to waste a moment of the precious time that they had.

She gave him one last grin and walked away towards the door. Looking at everyone's faces, she smiled and waived while closing the door again. The last thing she saw was Hiccup looking at her with sad eyes, tears rolling down his cheeks.

She turned and saw Grimmel on a Death gripper, gesturing for her to sit on the other one. She scowled at him, mounting the poor dragon and flying off into the distance.

As they flew away, she heard a loud metal noise, like the cell doors opening. Astrid turned her head and saw the gang exit the room, staring up at her.

She squeezed her eyes shut and looked forward. For them, she thought. For Hiccup.

In her head, she heard Hiccup's voice.
I'd go through anything as long as he doesn't touch you.

Ditto to that, babe. She thought, opening her eyes and letting the tears fall down.

———————

Ahh, my heart. The third part is coming! Comment if you want it to be sad like this one, or happy. Hope you enjoyed!

<3 Abby