|25| Silver scar

Chapter Twenty-five: Silver scar

"Ah, Rhiannon. Lovely to... see you dear." Allison Uley said, walking over to her daughter who had been giving her a death glare since she saw her. "Come give Mommy a hug!"

Taking a step back, Rea shook her head; the last thing she wanted was to be near that woman, let alone hugging her. Sam, unlike his mother, knew that immediately and stood in between the two women, shielding his little sister from her worst nightmare.

Agitated, Allison demanded for Sam to move, but he refused. It wasn't like he was eleven anymore and she could get her way with force. Now she was significantly weaker than both of her children, but as the saying goes old habits die hard.

"Sam, let me see my daughter."

"No. Rea go back upstairs. No, even better, go see your boyfriend. Stay away from here. I'll pick you up later."

"Her name is Rhiannon," Allison interjected, trying to force her way past her eldest child. "It would do you well to not fill her head with illusions of an alter-ego. Rhiannon, darling. Let Mommy take you home where you belong. And we will get you a better boyfriend. Someone who has a chance in life, not a Clearwater. Sweetheart, doesn't that sound nice?"

Sam pushed Rea back further behind him, snarling slightly; he was near shifting, it was a miracle that Allison Uley had been become dog food at this point. However, as their mother approached them, Rea flinched.

    She remembered the days where her mother would forget to go shopping, leaving her and Sam with nothing to eat; she remembered the nights where she would hear beer bottle after beer bottle being dropped on the ground after being drunk; but most of all, Rea Uley remembered the pain her mother had caused her. It wasn't like she could ever forget, the silver scars laced upon her skin ensured that.

    "Why now?" Rea choked up, still trembling behind Sam. "Why come back for me now, and not in England. You don't care."

    "Now listen here you brat, you living with your abomination of a brother is doing me no favours at work, people gossip, Darling." She spat, reaching around Sam and grabbing Rea by her hair, beginning to drag her away. Sam quickly grabbed his mothers shoulders, trying not to use much force on her human body but his rage was getting the better of him.

    Whipping her head back, Rea got out of her mother's grip and swung her fist, locking it in her jaw.

"You little bitch!" Allison snarled, spitting blood, "You'll regret that."