|26| Epitome

Chapter Twenty-Six: Epitome

"You ready to go, Sam?" Rea called from the living room. Alice had predicted that the army would be in the clearing at the end of the hour. Rea had gotten along well with the physic Cullen, she had even said that she would help Rea get into that art course at the Seattle college that she had wanted. The young shifter wanted to get out of this town, just her and Seth. "We need to leave- like now."

"You don't have to go if you don't want. I can have Embry look after Bella."

"Stop! Stop, I know it's not that you think I'm too weak to do anything and it's annoying me. So what's the problem, why are you treating me like I'm less than the rest of the pack."

"I... just. You're my baby sister. I'm meant to- nevermind. You have a mountain to climb."

    "Fine! I'll see you later." Rea huffed, shoving Sam out of the way before shifting and running into the woods. She could always apologise after the fight, and maybe make it up to him by watching those stupid Marvel movies he likes, or whatever they are called. Rea never cared to learn their names. She just knew that playing the one with the green dude would always cheer her big brother up.

    She began running up and up, dodging trees as deer and other woodland creatures began to run away from her and she couldn't help the thought that they would be Cullen food from seeping her mind.

The climb up was awful for Rea, most of the pack was human, bar Sam (who she was still annoyed at for doubting her) so she walked up in silence. She saw Bella first who called her over to where they had just sent Seth away to the battle field just moments ago. Stroking Rea's fur slightly, Bella began to unload her problems onto the shifter she considered a friend.

Isabella Swan had gotten herself (and it was rather ludicrous if you asked Rea) engaged to Edward Cullen, and they were both ecstatic with the situation. Well, they were until ten minutes ago. Jacob was up here on patrol with Seth. Bella didn't want her best friend to fight, wanting him to stay hidden away with her, Rea and Edward. To try to get him to stay, Bella kissed him and became the epitome of stupidity as she didn't realise that her fiancé was watching the whole exchange.

"Do you think I did the right thing?" Bella asked, gaining a wolfy shrug from Rea before her mind zooned out, Leah speaking through her mind.

They are coming. Stay safe

And then she was gone, leaving Rea watching the vampires attack her pack through her best friends mind but all she was looking out for was Seth. She wanted to know if he was okay. She needed to know if he was okay.