|22| Graduates

Chapter Twenty-Two: Graduates

Dance music blared through the Cullen home. Rea Uley hated it; why would someone want to listen to a song about umbrellas? It made no sense to her.

She was in a bad mood. Jacob Black, like usual, had caused this for her. He insisted that he would convince Bella to stay human at her graduation party, in a house full of vampires, of which she was emotionally invested in, and of which she considered family.

Jacob had no chance.

He knew that he wasn't wanted their but he insisted that he come so Seth had told him to not go with him and Rea, wanting to stay out of the love triangle business. Rea, however, wanted to be right where the drama happened, a camera-phone at the ready to gather blackmail for the future.

"Jacob is gonna get punched again." Rea stated as she went through the door to the Cullen home.

"Have some faith!" Seth joked, wrapping his arm around her waist, not liking how the teenage boys looked at her.

"Have some faith in what?" A small girl asked. Her black hair was spiked up to resemble a fae and her scent was overly sickly sweet. Vampire. "Hi! I'm Alice. You must be Rhiannon and Seth. Bella has told me about you. All great things though."

"It's Rea." The shifters said at once.

"Okay. Got it! Rea."

"Nice party," Rea said, leaning into Seth's embrace as she was slightly unnerved by Alice's presence. She had expected all vampires to be broody but this wasn't the case with Alice, "just a warning. Jacob Black is coming. He will declare his love and whatnot. Bring popcorn."

Seth chuckled before pulling Rea away to dance with the drunk high-school graduates in what could only be assumed to be the living room due to the sofas being pushed to one wall. Rea never saw the appeal of high-school parties, people bumming and grinding against one another.

The time alone dancing between Seth and Rea didn't last long as they heard Bella yelling at Jacob and decided to head over.

"What did you see, Alice?" Bella reached forward, placing her hand on the vampires shoulder.

"Get everyone upstairs. Five minutes."

~~~~

"The newborns are coming to Forks. A week, maybe two."

"Who's orchestrating this?"

"It's not the Volturi, I would have seen it," Alice said, fiddling her finger and thumb together, "or Victoria. I've been watching her too."

The vampire who looked like he could be a bodybuilder spoke up, his arm laced around a blonde, "Who ever it is, they are in for a treat."

"The pack will fight," Jacob spoke up, walking over to Bella, "we've never been afraid of a few vamps."

"We are?" Rea interjected.

"Yes. Yes we are."

"Great!"