nine

After visiting hours, Harry burst through the door surprising Zayn.

         "Zayn! Oh my God!" He ran over and hugged Zayn as tight as he possibly could. He buried his face in Zayn's neck. "This is all my fault! I over reacted and-"

        "Harry," Zayn said softly, "it's okay."

        Harry pulled back and looked over Zayn's face, "It's just, I shouldn't have done that and I love you so much." He pressed a short kiss against Zayn's lips.

        "Harry, I said it's okay and I love you more."

        "Impossible."

        "Nothing's impossible."

        They stayed there talking and sharing kisses until the doctor came in and checked up on Zayn.

        "Sorry, it can get a bit lonely in here at night," the doctor said giving Zayn a small, pity-filled smile. 

        "No worries, Harry's here," Zayn says back cheerfully.

        Harry gives the doctor a smile.

        The doctor looks around the room for another presence, "Visiting hours are up."

        "Can he stay? Please!" Zayn begs.

        "Where is he?"

        Zayn looked over at Harry, who's jaw was clenched tight. "Everyone needs to stop acting like he doesn't exist! He's right there!"

        "Oh, right, of course. Just make sure you get some sleep."

        Zayn nodded and the doctor left the room.

~

        The next morning, Tricia and Niall sat with the psychiatrist and doctor watching Zayn through a camera in his hospital room. Tricia was holding back her tears while Niall held her gently.

        The doctor had brought in Dr. Reynolds after he saw Zayn's behavior and talked to Tricia and Niall.

        Tricia and Niall watched Zayn talk to nothing. Nothing was shown of another presence. Not even to moving of bed sheets or any seen physical action effects.

        The psychiatrist spoke, "I need to have a quick word with him. Just ask a few questions because I have a few ideas of what is going on here, but I won't be completely sure until I speak with him. But, I don't want him knowing why I'm questioning him."

        "Why?" Niall asks.

        "Because, if he knows then he won't want to talk with me. If he doesn't know then he'll give me honest answers."

        "Do you want me to talk to him first?" Tricia says.

        "Yes, please, ma'am."

        She nods and walks out of the room and towards Zayn's she opened the room door slowly hearing Zayn whisper "duck".

        He gave his mother an innocent smile holding back his giggle because of Harry's awkward position beside the bed.

        "Hey, Sunshine, the doctor wanted me to tell you that you need to stay in here for another night. Don't worry, it's just to make sure that everything is okay with your head," she smiled.

        Zayn nodded unsuspicious.

        "Um, and one of the..doctors is coming in here to ask you a few questions and check up on you, okay?"