three

~

        Zayn gulped in fresh air as he got out of Niall's car (that was recently repaired). He felt claustrophobic  in Niall's small car. After he got his heart rate down to normal speed, he looked up. They were at the annual Bradford fair. Every year they did this and every year it was the same thing. Usually, Niall and Zayn would stay home with a case full of beer and an endless movie collection, but Natalie wanted to come and Niall caved in.

        So, how did Zayn end up here? Niall asked, no, begged him to. Zayn didn't know why, but Niall has serious persuading skills.

        "What are we waiting for?" Zayn asked noticing Niall wasn't moving from his spot by the door, yet.

        "Natalie," Niall answered.

        "Why didn't you just drive her here?"

        Niall shrugged letting a smile appear on his face when a white Volkswagen pulled up beside his car. Natalie got out and gave him a dazzling smile.

        Zayn rolled his eyes at them both and they exchange the cheesy "hey" and kiss.

        Zayn felt irritable, "Are we going, or not?"

        Natalie looked at him confused while Niall gave him a huge glare.

        "Yeah, let's go," Natalie smiled taking Niall's hand walking towards the ticket booth.

        Zayn dragged behind clenching and un-clenching his fists at his sides. He wasn't planning on hurting anyone, but he was just very angry that he agreed to come here.

        He didn't bother getting tickets or a bracelet as he just paid his 2 pound fee and walked behind the couple like a true third wheel.

        "Zayn, c'mon!" Niall beamed motioning to a booth.

        Natalie stood behind laughing as Niall dragged Zayn around.

        Zayn and Niall ended up playing this game where you shoot the button with a water gun and whoever makes it to the top first wins. Zayn couldn't think of the name, but he won (and of course let Niall have the toy to give to Natalie).

        Zayn, surprisingly, had a bit of fun at the booths, but he ended up back as a third wheel while the couple shared a stick of cotton candy pretending he wasn't right there.

        He sighed keeping his gaze off them (he knew he'd end up glaring in envy if he didn't).

        Looking off in the distance he noticed a familiar boy.

        He gulped feeling himself freeze as the boy genially waved at him.

        "Er, Niall?" He asked catching his best friend's attention.

        "Yeah?"

        "Who's that guy over there?" Zayn asked pointing into the direction of the boy.

        Natalie and Niall look in the direction. Niall creases his eyebrows, "Where?"

        "He's right there?" Zayn said looking straight at the boy who was still giving him a drop-dead gorgeous smile.

        "Mate, I don't see anyone?" Niall said.

        Zayn looked at him in confusion, "He's….." he looked back over to the boy to see he wasn't there. "right there..?"

        Niall laughed wrapping an arm around Zayn's shoulder, "You're delusional, Zee.